Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Capital Meats

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Capital Meats - scam or deal? Just had some scruffy looking guy driving a pick up knock on the door. "I just delivered meat to the restaurant down the street and have a case of steak and a case of chicken left over. I'll make you a deal - buy the steak and I'll give you the chicken for free" The box of steak was only $422, for about 12 pounds of mixed Choice steak and some burgers. Came to about $30 a pound. Did I pass up the deal of a life time?

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Google it....................
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Google it....................
    I did - should have used the sarcasm font. 
    Options
    I figured. That's why i didn't do this :  =))
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    They are around here too. About as scrupulous as the asphalt resurfacers that "just did your neighbors driveway and had some leftover materials and will do yours for half price" guy

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    They are around here too. About as scrupulous as the asphalt resurfacers that "just did your neighbors driveway and had some leftover materials and will do yours for half price" guy

Just had one of those last week. I'm the only one in the area that has an asphalt driveway.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I have a great way to deal with solicitors.  While he is talking and won't shut up, just start loading your gun and counting down slowly from 10.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• krobertsmsn
    Options
    I've had them here too and I don't trust it one bit. Prolly left the meat in the truck  thawed for a while then refroze it etc. They also add the neighbor or business reference thinking we're all gullible enough to go for it...I'd like to know where they get the meat and who checks to be sure it is properly handled. STEER CLEAR
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bud812 said:

Just had one of those last week. I'm the only one in the area that has an asphalt driveway.

I was too. I was like "which neighbor"? And he was "uh......the smiths"?

I'll pass

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Last time they stopped by my folk's place, their opening line was "Do you eat"?
    My response would have been a deadpan "People."

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    You done good Tj, obviously your head is not up your butt. Amazing that in this day and age we still have snake oil salesmen. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I see them all the time. They remind me of the hail damage contractors.

"We just repaired your neighbors siding and roof. We'll give you a 20% discount since we are already in the neighborhood."

"I don't remember any thunderstorms, I hope my chimney is okay"(I don't have a chimney, this is the get)

"Ahh, yes. We noticed some lean and we can fix that too."

"I don't have a chimney"

"....."

(looks back like an alarm is going off) "Oh, can you hold on a sec? I'll brb, my fulloshit-o-meter is going off".

/slams door
  • ringkingpin
    Options
    his cousins have speakers for sale in a truck
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    caliking said:
    Last time they stopped by my folk's place, their opening line was "Do you eat"?
    My response would have been a deadpan "People."
    That would be classic. Or maybe: "Small animals and fat children. We especially love fat children."
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Had one meat hawker set up a tent heading out of town selling those steaks. His tent had a big sign on it telling all that he readily accepted EBT cards.
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!