Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Cooks

Options
Getting up to 12* here today (low 50's *F) but dropping back down to freezing temps tomorrow and through the weekend. At least there's no snow in the forecast (for now) until Monday.

I'm doing some cedar plank salmon for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I'll be spatchcocking an 8# capon. Saturday will be ribs (can't remember if they're baby back or side ribs) and then a 13# packer, which I'll probably put on between midnight and 1am (Sunday) for Sunday dinner. I should be set for a week of fantastic left-over lunches!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Sounds like a good menu, what time is dinner Sunday?
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    John, I think we can make it for about four on Friday. We have to be out after breakfast Monday for sure. Unfortunately only three of the kids are available but they will be bringing their boyfriends/girlfriends. You do have a big screen for the game on Saturday right? Richard Parker should be over the runs by then after counter surfing six pounds of leftover ham on Sunday. He requires a bit of space but the other two dogs aren't any problem at all. Maybe throw an old sheet over the couch cause he insists on watching TV from there. See you tomorrow!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    John, you freaked me out because at first glance I thought you meant 12" !  Nice lineup you got there, just so you know, I'm available on 20 min notice if you need security  :D
    canuckland
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I don't believe Richard Parker would stop at six pounds of ham. Didn't you offer him pie?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Fred, The ham wasn't the culprit. A local pizza shop is selling me San Marzano tomatoes for six bucks per 100 oz. can. The empty cans are great for pouring fat into. I had two of them full on the egg table and just wet out to find one empty

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Fred, The ham wasn't the culprit. A local pizza shop is selling me San Marzano tomatoes for six bucks per 100 oz. can. The empty cans are great for pouring fat into. I had two of them full on the egg table and just wet out to find one empty

Oy vey, the shits will be epic. Not in a good way.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I hope John Scotchguarded the sofa!
    Flint, Michigan
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You're gonna be busy! I'm already drooling.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.