Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking wood

Options
I need to load up on my pecan wood for smoking. I usually buy this online from a guy in South Georgia. Does anyone have a source here locally ?

Comments

• revolver1
    Options
    Ace Hardware, most BBQ dealers, Bass Pro
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Where is 'local'?
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • myates1982
    Options
    Sorry guys. I'm in Atlanta.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    My local Home Depot has pecan.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• rsmith193
    Options
    If you were a bit closer I'd tell you about the Pecan grove just north of Pichaco Peak on the way to Tucson. These folks are great! Stacks of cut Pecan free for the taking. They pile it up higher than a pickup, and most of it is already dry.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    rsmith193 said:
    If you were a bit closer I'd tell you about the Pecan grove just north of Pichaco Peak on the way to Tucson. These folks are great! Stacks of cut Pecan free for the taking. They pile it up higher than a pickup, and most of it is already dry.
    Please give some directions. We get out there at least once/year and I'd love to pick up some more Pecan wood.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • rsmith193
    Options
    Shiff said:

rsmith193 said:

Please give some directions. We get out there at least once/year and I'd love to pick up some more Pecan wood.

It is on the west side of I-10 just north of Pichaco Peak. Cant miss it. The is a sign that's says free Pecan wood. You'll see piles of it. Most of it is dry already. I'll pick jp some when I go the the Freedom RV Center competition in February.