Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Naples Florida - fishing advice

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
This is way off topic but I will be in the Naples area with the family after Christmas and I'm looking for a fishing guide I've asked elsewhere but I figured I'd try here too. Any advice? Plus I wonder if I can find an egg. SWMBO won't let me buy a plane ticket for ours.
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Are you looking to fish salt ir fresh water? If salt I would go into Marco Island their a lot of charter or head(open) boats their they can handel all your salt water fishing wants
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • gmac
    Options
    Salt. I'm pretty much exclusively a fly fisherman now but I'm with the family so anything is fine.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    A lot of people fish off of the pier there.  Many nice size tarpon have been caught there as well as other species.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    Options
    You're probably an hour and a half south of where I'm at (Englewood). You are coming down at a great point in the year though! Fishing has been great lately, especially inshore. You are more than welcome to come use my egg if you feel like making the drive. :) Unfortunately I can't really offer any advice on guides down there as I only know guides up in this area.
    Have a great trip! Send us all some fish pics. 
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • gmac
    Options
    We're doing a week in Naples and the a week in Orlando for the Disney etc. considered buying a small while there and then shipping it home. Four boys to feed 7,9,11,13. It would get used.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    I have never used a guide in Naples.  But this guide is a regular on the Florida Fishing Report and seem to be knowledgeable of that area and techniques.  Might be worth researching.  http://www.ronhueston.com/ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Charles and QDude are right - Charter a boat for 1/2 a day or full and the Tarpon will give any good fisherman a run for his money.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• bcran
    bcran Posts: 37
    Options

I've been fishing with this guy off Marco:

http://www.fishingchartersmarcoisland.com/

Great time, caught a lot of Grouper and Red Snapper.  He will filet everything for you and hand you a bag of meat.  Take it to the SandBar on Marco and they will cook it anyway you want.  

• Little Steven
    Options
    gmac said:
    This is way off topic but I will be in the Naples area with the family after Christmas and I'm looking for a fishing guide I've asked elsewhere but I figured I'd try here too. Any advice? Plus I wonder if I can find an egg. SWMBO won't let me buy a plane ticket for ours.
    I would take a bonefishing charter if you are down there, take your fly stuff. Last charter I took out of Marco Polo was just after they restricted the inland fishing and we caught a lot of small trout but that was years ago. Probably bigger now.

Steve 

Caledon, ON