Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggucating your children...

Options
So, I just saw @double 's post about his son catching him assembling his new small and taking it over and the pic he posted of it. I thought it was a great idea, so I thought I would expand on it and provide a place for others to post pics of the children/grandchildren being Eggucated... Afterall, if this is a cult/lifestyle, we should pass it on to our children... right?  :D

My daughter got a small for Christmas last year... The first thing I told her about grilling was "you always have to have a drink when you light the grill". She takes off running to the fridge and comes back with two juice boxes! Its been a hoot ever since...

Grillin Dogs on gameday:

How bout a bacon wrapped slice of pork tenderloin?

Then, we have the twins... they aren't quite ready for a Egg yet, but they are well on their way:

SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Very nice family, don't envy the thought of twins, but I'm sure you do well. My oldest helps me prep but hasn't really gotten near the Eggs while cooking as he's borderline Autistic and sometimes loses focus. But he loves putting pizzas together and seasoning meat and such. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Beautiful!

The twins both look like "Hey, the dolls are cute and all, but we're getting minis later, right??"

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think you had twins as an excuse to get 2 more eggs... Great pics
    Lynnwood WA
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options

twins are awesome and you have some cuties...  my twin girls are 3 and are a hoot... I have a 15 month old son as well..  it seems like a breeze with him after starting out with twins.  good luck!

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words!

Scottborasjr - Prep work in the kitchen is still quality time that is irreplaceable in their minds. I really enjoy passing on one of my passions to the next generation.  :)

calikingdouble - That's how I sold SWMBO on the Mini we have now... "It was for the babies!!!!"

XLBalco - Twins are a real handful, but I would't trade them for anything! There must be something in the water around here... I could name one or two sets of twins in the area my whole life. Suddenly, there are three other women in the area that we know of pregnant with twins.
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• SmokingInMO
    Options
    My son did his first successful overnight smoke at the age of 8.  Fire held temp all night long and the pork butt was fantastic
  • Loosemoose
    Options

My son did his first successful overnight smoke at the age of 8.  Fire held temp all night long and the pork butt was fantastic

Future pittmaster there. That's awesome!

Nowhere Indiana
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    jtippers has a future food network star in the making.
    Love the tattoo in the pork tenderloin picture.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Nice job, get 'em involved young. Four year old grandson loves to get his hands into that mustard slather. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    So, you're telling me that I can get another egg if I tell the wife that Santa bought it for the kids. Oh wait, I have twins too'! Have to keep it fair. Better get two more!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Too cute!  I'm sure my son would love to use the MAP torch to light the egg if his mom will let him.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.