Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fellow still having a registration problem HELP!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
This weekend on the behalf of an egger I posted about the problem he was having of not being able to post. The fact that he could send me a PM vis the forum tells me his foot is in the door, but he still hasn't been able to post. Here is a further email from him with some questions or seeking help. I'm just a pass through contact for him. BTW he is trying to post here as AZHIGH. To me he sounds like someone we could learn from so let's try to get him on board...OK?

My issue is not Junk mail, it is not a Cache problem, on a new PC since I registered.  Tried many browsers.  It is simply a permissions issue.  I have not been approved by the moderator whoever that is, to post.  Who is the moderator.  One comment on the thread you started said you could call a phone number...Hmmm.  

I just want to contribute here.  I am passionate about cooking.  I am even trying to help a local dealer organize an EggFest in southern AZ.  I have been a professional cook since 1976.  So having a problem posting on an a forum is making me nutty.  I Love my Egg and have never had a bad cook, lucky I guess.  Just want to learn more and share.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I now have to hit the rich text button on comment header before I can type and send. If not I get a "Body is required" red flag. (Next to last button) Is this his issue? It is a pain in the a$$
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Crimsongator
    Options

I am sure he is going to be a wealth of knowledge and have a great time here. I am sure the mods can help if he contacts them

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Who are these mods of which you speak??? I have never heard from one.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    The "body is required" error message is a IE problem. It can be easily fixed.   Go to the forum feedback forum for help.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Crimsongator
    Options
    It was originally Brenda and someone else at BGE. I know someone still monitors the site.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Yes I tried the compatibility setting, but then the page displayed stretched and the Comment box missing on the grey background. Seems the Vanilla CLEditor plugin may need to be updated.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Has he tried chrome?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Cookinbob said:
    Has he tried chrome?
    Don't know for sure, but he said he has tried several browsers so I assume so plus it is a new computer.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Little Steven
    Options

And a damn good thing. Let the boys have at it I always say

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    This used to be a much friendlier place.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

And a damn good thing. Let the boys have at it I always say
    I hear ya.. I don't really care for people telling us what we can and cannot say...but some basic administration (like accepting new member request) might be nice ;).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Crimsongator
    Options
    Can we get rid of some dead weight too?
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    When I registered last month it took 3-4 days...if I recall I ended up sending an email to a address on the BGE.com page...as I look back now it was probably to Customer-Support@BigGreenEgg.com I never got a reply but it worked within a few hours...suspected it wasn't a coincidence but never gave it a second thought til now.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    He can try emailing rob.damico@biggreenegg.com

Rob reinstated me when I had been banned somehow.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Hey, I've been banned from certain places before......heheheheheh
  • Keefer
    Keefer Posts: 120
    Options
    It took me several weeks to be able to post. Maybe even a month. I had almost given up and then one day I thought the headings looked a little different and - I was able to post and reply.
  • Luvflt
    Luvflt Posts: 63
    Options

Ditto for me. It took ahwile. I sent emails and tried to call. Be patient, apparently they will get around to it one of these days. You can try calling customer support and see if they can expedite. It shouldn't take that long.

Palm City, FL
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Kinda counter intuitive if you ask me...I can testify that I have spent 3-400 dollars on BGE stuff that I didn't really know about or understand until I was allowed to participate here...including the decision to get anotger egg soon (ot two). I thought my situation was unique. I wonder how many new eggers just get frustrated and never check back or try again... i was a full member on a couple other forums in less then 5 min...should't be thus hard...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...