Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Meat Candy

So I did my first brisket this weekend and really screwed up.  I bought a Snake River Farm American Wagyu beef brisket from my local butcher shop and it was the best I've ever had!!!!!!  No where to go from here but down I'm afraid. 

16 lbs., rubbed with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt 50/50.  Raised indirect with drip pan of water and a few chunks of hickory @ 250 on DigiQ.  I pulled it when it hit internal temp of 197.  It only took 13 hours so I think my temp was a bit hotter than DigiQ was reading due to probe placement.  Wrapped in foil, towels and placed in cooler for a few hours until wife got back from shopping and party started.  Had planned on doing APL's burnt ends from "Serious BBQ" but decided against it since a high quality cut.  Also made a Texas BBQ sauce for those who wanted but this meat candy didn't need anything.  It'll be a while before I splurge on Wagyu brisket again.  I'm so screwed!!!  

Peachtree Corners, GA

Comments