Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Williams-Sonoma carries BGE now

Options
Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got the latest Williams-Sonoma cookware catalog, and there on the back cover is the Big Green Egg. They only carry the large, and the price looks like $699 for a large with the egg-nest. Their introductory special for this combo is $549.00. For those of you that have to mail order, they have a one-price shipping fee that includes delivery and setup...if memory serves it was under $100. This might be a good price option for those who don't have a dealer nearby.[p]Being carried by Williams-Sonoma could mean a fundamental change in the exposure that BGE gets. What do you think? Is this good for BGE?

Comments

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    Here is a link to the Williams-Sonoma listing for the BGE
    [ul][li]BGE at Williams-Sonoma[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dave, that looks like a pretty good deal to me..Some of the dealers elswhere might start sharpening some pencils for dealing. Nice pics..
    C~W[p]

• VaDave
    VaDave Posts: 21
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I thought it was a good deal, too. Plus, Williams-Sonoma has an excellent reputation for standing behind whatever they sell. They are very picky about what merchandise they carry. I've taken back kitchen implements that broke prematurely after using them for years, with no problem.[p]Point is, this might lower the perceived risk for some in trying the BGE ("But honey, I can always return it if you don't love it!"). Though why anyone would actually return one is beyond me.

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    Dave,
    I thought W-S a bit pricey as usual. since the list is about $500 for the large and various dealers discount off that, $650 or $700 is a bit high. They do stand behind what they sell.[p]Mary