Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help for a registered egger who can't post here

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
I have heard from a fellow who has been registered on this forum for a year now but he can not post anything. He can send a PM which is how he contacted me so in my mind he has his account set up. He said he has written to Eggzilla Jr for help and has heard nothing. Anybody got any ideas or who he should contact? He can read response so please post your thoughts as replies on the forum. Thank you from both of us!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email with a link you need to follow to activate the account. That happened to me.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    DMW said:
    Check your junk mail folder for your confirmation email with a link you need to follow to activate the account. That happened to me.

Thanks - but since he can sign in and send me a PM via this forum then my guess he activated his account already or couldn't have done this much - he just can't post a reply nor start a new discussion.
  • Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    I had the same experience and I would create a new email account and try again....because that's what I did. I was registered with my gmail account for months and never got permission to post. Made an outlook.com account and got an email right away giving me permission to post. Hope this helps. I think gmail might have junked the email without me knowing.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • I waited for most of two months before calling and leaving a message.  Included my user name and password.  Within a day I got their blessing.  :-)
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Hoov said:

I had the same experience and I would create a new email account and try again....because that's what I did. I was registered with my gmail account for months and never got permission to post. Made an outlook.com account and got an email right away giving me permission to post. Hope this helps. I think gmail might have junked the email without me knowing.

Had the same problem with my gmail account. I could sign in for a couple months, but couldn't post. It was like it wasn't finished. There was a message in my gmail junk folder that I finally thought to check.if I remember correctly it's a 2 step process, step 1 emails were coming in, the 2nd one was getting caught in the gmail junk mail.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fwiw I'm not getting notifications today...earlier i tried to post a comment to a discussion i participated in last night and nothing ever happened. Wonder if there is a bigger problem
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • By the way..I tried 3 or 4 times to post that...I logged out of the fourm, cleared cache and cookies on my browser and logged back in before being able to post.
  • Working like a champ now though...
  • Is his name Tom?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    Is his name Tom?

No
  • I heard of issues with IE... Maybe try Chrome and see if able to post.
    -----------------
    Hook'em Horns!!

2013 Medium BGE
    2013 Mini BGE
  • I had almost same problem. When I typed a message and tried to post a message came back saying on info in the post. Customer support never heard of this issue. As a last resort he suggested hitting the next to last icon the message block. The open and closed parentheses. Click the open icon one space and type you message and post. Sounds crazy but it worked for me. Customer support was going to get back to me a few weeks ago but did not. Oh well! Phil
  • brzelt
    brzelt Posts: 62
    Had the same problem.. ended up emailing the mothership and it was all taken care of.

Actually it was quite frustrating for a couple weeks prior to my email.
    Bruce
    L BGE
    Kennesaw, GA