Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oakridge BBQ Sale

Options
Oakridge BBQ Black Friday - Cyber Monday Sale Starts NOW!

15% Off
Every Item on our Website!!!*
Enter "CYBER15" at checkout

http://www.oakridgebbq.com/?utm_source=Cyber+Monday+Flyer+2013&utm_campaign=Cyber_Monday_Sale&utm_medium=email
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    boom. Just loaded up. I know what my grilling buddies are getting this year. Cazzy sent me a sampler a few months back. They were all fantastic.For the money, these are hard to beat. Great prices for the quality of rub you get

Thanks- I would have missed this if you didn't post it.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yep Oakridge makes some fine stuff.  Habanero death dust is one of my all time fav rubs,  especially on wings. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Nice deal! I've enjoyed Oakridge's Secret Weapon and Black Ops rubs.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Code is not working. 

Sorry, this coupon is not applicable to your cart contents.

Read more: http://www.oakridgebbq.com/?page_id=5#ixzz2m3bWzLcL 
    Follow us: @oakridgebbq on Twitter | 353367773416 on Facebook

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    using CYBER 15 (with a space) and that code does not exist. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Sample packs not included. Removed it and it worked.
  • frank318
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up about the discount, I ordered one pound of each rub and a couple of shaker containers. Can' wait to try them.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just loaded up too. Also, I spoke to Mike today and he is now allowing people to buy more than one sampler pack at a time. It's not included in the 15% off but it's a smoking deal anyway. It's like $5 for 3 different samples of rub. Cazzy sent me one of these a few months ago and this is what got me hooked on Oakridge rubs. great way to try a few rubs for $5 (and they pay the shipping!). Enjoy
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    CT, what did you snag? I grabbed everything but the game/venison rub, brine, and death dust since I already have them.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited November 2013
    Options
    everything but the game/venison/ I got 1.5 lbs of black ops, secret weapon and Game bird for me. 5 lbs of the game changer brine and several 6oz packs of everything to give away. I also ordered 5 sampler packs for gifts. Can't go wrong for $5! 

I'm not really a huge fan of paying $4 per lb for brine but figured I would try it to see if it was any better than the under $1 per lb brine I make. I do love the idea of "changing my game" though. Janell certainly hope this transfers to other areas of our life :))

• OakridgeBBQ
    Options
    Thanks everyone.  Just a couple points of clarification...

The coupon code is "cyber15" (no space) and the sale will run through Monday night.  Sample packs are not included.

Sample packs come with 1.5 oz (about a quarter-cup) each of 5 different rubs (Comp. Beef & Pork, Game Bird, Secret Weapon, Santa Maria, and Venison) and shipping is included in the $4.95 price.

We back all of our products with an unconditional 100% money-back guarantee, so if you're ever unsatisfied with a product, for any reason, we will refund your money no questions asked.  So, if it doesn't live up to your expectations, just send it back.  To date, after over 13,000 lbs. sold, no one has ever sent anything back... :))
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ah- I guess I assumed it was 3 because of the pic on the website. 5 is better than 3 

• caliking
    Options
    The sampler packs are a really good deal. DP sampler packs are good because  you get a larger variety of their rubs,  but shipping is $10.  I might go ahead and restock too since the sale is on. 

Cen-Tex -  TFJ may be waiting  a while if your secret weapon is a new brine =)

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It's back. I've really enjoyed the rubs I tried from them last year. My faves are the Competition beef and pork rub and Game Bird. Looks like they added a VIP sampler pack with 8 rubs for $6.95 this year. I bought a bunch of the 5 pack samplers last year and gave them out as gifts.

I did a big catering with the comp rub on butts and they were the best I've ever done. The color of the bark was awesome too. Like a rich mahogany (insert Ron Burgundy meme here)

Oakridge BBQ Black Friday - Cyber Monday Sale Starts THIS FRIDAY!

15% Off

Every Item on our Website!!!*

Enter "CYBER15" at checkout

Skip the crowds (and the idiots) and shop from the safety of your own living room.  For four days only, every item* on our website will be discounted 15% off regular retail prices! Enjoy the extra discount plus our ultra-low standard $5.95 flat rate Priority Mail shipping.  But you'd better hurry, this deal will only last for a couple of days!

*Offer begins at 12:01 am EST, Friday, November 28th and ends at Midnight Monday, December 1st.  Ultimate Sample Packs are excluded from this offer.  You must enter the coupon code "CYBER15" at the shopping cart prior to checking out in order to receive this discount.

Shop Now...

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just to save people time this hasn't started yet. I didn't check the dates in the post to realize the people that ordered were from last year. Cen Tex you have an update for your favorites from Oakridge?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Correct Lit- this starts tomorrow.

As mentioned above, I really like the competition beef and pork and I love the game bird. The game bird is VERY similar to one of the favorite rubs mentioned on here all the time (love those guys too so I won't mention names) but it's quite a bit cheaper.  It's the best chicken rub I've found- especially for the money.

I didn't care for the Black Ops but it's just not my flavor profile for Brisket. I'm a Salt and Pepper guy and this one has a ton of other flavors (including sugar which I would never put on brisket). It's an excellent quality rub though- just not my deal

The game changer is really good but I don't see the need to pay $5 a lb for brine. It is good for people who don't want to mess with making their own. I just prefer to add my own aromatics if I go beyond salt and sugar (which is rare).

I didn't try anything that I didn't enjoy. The Habenero Death Dust is good but insanely hot- even for me and I like spicy food. It's a nice layering spice though for something like the game bird which has some sweetness to it.

It's all good- get the sampler and try them all. I have 2-3 that will always be in the rotation.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    These butts are from the catering I did with the Competition Beef and Pork Rub. The flavor in the bark was outstanding and i love the color. It was a huge hit with the 275 people we fed too. This is my go-to for butts until someone shows me a better one.

• caliking
    Options

Their Habanero Death Dust is phenomenally good. Great as a "finishing" rub as mentioned above, but try some HDD wings after you've been in the bottle a bit and you'll be ready for lauch.... like @Mickey's MiniMax.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Thanks guys. I agree Cen Tex I was given black ops and I tried it on a brisket and a tri tip and it was decent just not something I would get again. I had 5 lbs in my cart before I realized the code wasn't good yet. Looking forward to trying these.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I got some early in 2013 and bought some at Black Friday sale last year. Impressed with quality and packaging. Close to home for me. Included some in the rub exchange recently
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    I like the death dust. My two favorites are santa maria and the new dominator rib rub.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    FYI, I just placed an order, the coupon code did not work. Prices were reasonable though so I bought it anyways.  I bought a couple of sample packs for my boys and I, plus I'm going to try their competition rub.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Cookinbob‌ sample packs probably kicked you out. Not included. I just placed an order and it worked fine.