Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Bombay curry-ish?

Options
Anyone try this blend by DP? 

How'd ya like it??? Thinking about trying it out cause I love curry!!!!

Jamie.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    We use it all the time, love it. Use it on wings and thighs all the time, have used it on lamb quite a bit. Good stuff.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Just bought it myself. Smells great. Do you just rub it on like a regular rub?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Sucks living in  Newfoundland  for getting DP.Ontario gas and BBQ (ww.bbqs.com) doesn't get there new stock in till March so I gotta wait till spring to try it and pinapple head out :( 

Anywhere else sell it online here in Canada?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    I didn't care for it. It definitely tastes like curry though.

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    It is good and well balanced. I am not a big fan of curry but this blend is good.

Options
    I just shake it on liberally and off to the races.
  • Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Options
    I have used it several times and I like it. I feel the name is quite appropriate. It really is curry-ish. Nice flavor not to strong and I find people really enjoyed it. If you like curry it is definitely worth a try.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Love it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Its decent.  I'm  typically not a fan of "curry" rubs that have turmeric in them,  because i dont like the  flavor of grilled turmeric so much. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    bbqs.com has it listed on their site, not sure if it's accurate or not but it's on there.
    I've never tried any of the DP rubs, or any other store bought rub but you've got me thinking I should give them a try.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Sucks living in  Newfoundland  for getting DP.Ontario gas and BBQ (ww.bbqs.com) doesn't get there new stock in till March so I gotta wait till spring to try it and pinapple head out :( 

Anywhere else sell it online here in Canada?
    CANMAN, you can try to get in touch with the people at Outdoor Chef in Delaware Ontario.  I stop there from time to time when I am heading to SW Ontario and was told that I could call them and have products shipped to me.  They carry Dizzy Pig products plus a bunch of other stuff.  Here is the website:

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Little Steven
    Options
    There's a guy near me that sells it. I don't know what he has. Let me know what you want and I'll stop in there next week. Mike Beaulieu, Danny the handle guy's son used to get it too. He's in NB. You might try an e-mail through danny'scarvings.ca I think

Steve 

Caledon, ON