Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Michigan vs. Ohio State Menu

Hi all!

Its that time of year again for Michigan to beat up on OHIO!!  Cannot wait to fire the egg up and make some good appetizers!!

Menu:
-Stuffed Jalapeños with pulled pork and cheese
-Bacon wrapped shrimp
-Wings (whats a football game without wings!!)

We have a few appetizers in the making for this big game.  What else should I make?  I want to make one or two more appetizers but am struggling to come up with some delicious ideas.

Go Blue!!
Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
·

Comments

• I'm going to cut the backbone out of two chickens like Braxton Miller will cut up the M*chigan Defense, flatten them like Devin Gardner's gonna get laid out and expose them to direct heat like Urban Meyer's withering stare. O-H-I-O
    ·
  • butertbutert Posts: 180
    HAHAHA @williamadamsesq.  I hope that does not happen!
    ·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,208
    @williamadamsesq  . . . . well done and cant wait for the game.  I wish Michigan had a better squad (spread is OHIO STATE -16) but this week is always special.  GO BUCKS!
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,623
    Just like "no pics, no cook"......................"no wings, no game." [-X
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,646
    O-H...
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • I O
    ·
  • This is a lousy weekend for the game. If it was before thanksgiving I would have cooked a brisket.
    ·
  • Traveling back that morning so won't get a chance to cook. While I appreciate your enthusiasm and support for your team butert, this one isn't going to be close. Buckeyes 42 Michigan 17. Go Bucks!!! And in case you forgot about last year:
    image.jpg 83K
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • I love how the OSU team always thinks that thrashing "high school teams" makes you feel like your a top ranked team and false sense of worthiness. Once you guys have a harder schedule, you may be taken seriously. 
    Beaufort, SC
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926

Wings? Did somebody say wings? What time should I be there?

I hope your team does win @butert If no, sounds like you will be well fed regardless.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Buckeyes - that way you can devour them just like the Wolverines (hopefully) will on Saturday.

http://www.food.com/recipe/best-buckeyes-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-candies-26555

Being from Indiana and a Purdue fan (1 win this year, pray for us) I don't know why my Mom always made these for us growing up but they are awesome!!
    ·
  • Wolverine on a spit! <:-P
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Pig shots - awesome!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • btw i meant to put up a emoticon :)) i say that will all do sarcasm 
    Beaufort, SC
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,625
    Actually I don't remember the last time Michigan beat up on Ohio. Go Bucks.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • I would LOVE to see a lot of this. Go Blue!
    image.jpg 61.7K

GO BLUE!

Springfield, Va

·
  • Just fake a heart attack and quit like Urban Meyer.
    ·
  • Normally I'd be rooting against both of these teams on general principles, but once a year that's impossible. Under the circumstances I'll be looking for the buckeyes to really go nuts, anything to possibly help Bucky claw up one spot and qualify for a premier bowl berth. Still bitter about the BS officiating at the end of the ASU game. 

Go Badgers!

As for the original post, MOINK balls and turtle eggs are two awesome app options.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • How about turkey and goat?
    ·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 648
    edited November 2013
    ltkgator said:
    Just fake a heart attack and quit like Urban Meyer.

Showing your obvious lack of knowledge of what was going on with him at that time, I will only say that with the current state of the Gator football program, you would take him back in a heartbeat. Enjoy your 4-8 Bowl game-Less season.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 435
    Michigan, no, Michigan State, now that is likely.       Roll Tide
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·
  • Michigan State will be a much more competitive game. Got my tickets for the game in Indy in two weeks. Can't wait.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,453
    edited November 2013

November 22,1969, Ohio State Buckeyes came into Ann Arbor the top ranked team in the country, the defending national champs and a tremendous favorite over the Michigan Wolverines.  Kinda like this year.  What happened???? 

That was the start of the "10 Years War".

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

• ltkgator said:

Just fake a heart attack and quit like Urban Meyer.

Showing your obvious lack of knowledge of what was going on with him at that time, I will only say that with the current state of the Gator football program, you would take him back in a heartbeat. Enjoy your 4-8 Bowl game-Less season.

Check with me in a couple years, ethics have never been an OSU strong suit. Two peas in a pod.
    ·
  • Game day is the perfect time to buy a car for the Wolverine fan.  If Michigan gets a shut out, you get a free car.  And my vote is for pig shots...I'm trying these out tomorrow for the first time. 
    LGBE August 2013

Louisville, KY
    ·
  • butertbutert Posts: 180
    imageHail!!
    ·
  • Go Blue!
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,625

November 22,1969, Ohio State Buckeyes came into Ann Arbor the top ranked team in the country, the defending national champs and a tremendous favorite over the Michigan Wolverines.  Kinda like this year.  What happened???? 

I love it when the Blue fans have to talk about a game decades ago to join the conversation  :-h

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • JRWhitee said:

I love it when the Blue fans have to talk about a game decades ago to join the conversation  :-h

Right. And Brady Hoke is every bit the coach Bo was.
    ·

• Right. And Brady Hoke is every bit the coach Bo was.

Admitting Bo was a great coach???  THAT HAD TO HURT!!!!  Meanwhile everyone outside of Ohio remembers Woody for his tremendous right cross! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·