Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First BGE Turkey

Ok, it's my first turkey on the BGE.  Started about 730.  20lb bird.  Salt, pepper, butter, cavity filled with apples & lemons.  Couple of apple chunks for more flavor.
·

Comments

• Me too, Hokiejacket. I just put in 2 8-pound turkey breasts. My first attempt very with turkey on my Large BGE. It's 25 degrees in Chicgoland, but spouse to be clear. This is my first cold weather smoke ever. I'll miss sitting by the Egg with drink and cigar in hand. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Heaven - a fine cigar and bourbon in hand, while watching my BGE smoke! Chicago area
    ·
  • Sorry, I don't type well this early. I should try proofing what I write next time.
    Heaven - a fine cigar and bourbon in hand, while watching my BGE smoke! Chicago area
    ·
  • Wahoo. Happy thanksgiving
    ·
  • Good luck to all first timers this Thanksgiving! Hope you can handle being elevated to a new status after everyone gobbles up that bird.

Bluegrass Grills, Versailles, KY

XL, Lg, performer, Q

·
  • CharleyR said:
    Me too, Hokiejacket. I just put in 2 8-pound turkey breasts. My first attempt very with turkey on my Large BGE. It's 25 degrees in Chicgoland, but spouse to be clear. This is my first cold weather smoke ever. I'll miss sitting by the Egg with drink and cigar in hand. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Good luck CharleyR.  We will either be hero's or never again's. Happy Thanksgiving.
    ·
  • I.5 hour check.
    IMG_0544.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Looks nice. What time are you eating?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • I've been smoking turkey's for 28 year's on Weber's so this will be my first attempt on my Egg. In the past, I've kept the temp under 150 degrees for 6 hours so the smoke will penetrate and then about 3 hours prior to the target time, I crank it up to 350 and let it finish. It's always turned out wonderful; lots of smoke and really moist.  Let's see if it works again!
    Perry, Georgia
    XL BGE, Weber Performer
    ·
  • Mickey said:
    Looks nice. What time are you eating?
    Hopefully by 230.  We are responsible for bird, spuds & stuffing.  Other family does sides, & dessert.
    ·
  • corb69corb69 Posts: 137
    Awesome!!!
    ·
  • Put mine on at 9:30 here in the mountains of north Ga. Very cold outside but the egg temperature is dead on 350 this is my first egg turkey also. Good luck to all us turkey virgins.
    ·
  • Here is the final product. Want to get a smaller bird next year. White meat a little in the dry side.
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    ·
  • nice color

·