Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Huge surprise!

Yesterday after work I went and picked up my almost 2 yr old son from my mother in law's house. Seeing how it was the day before Thanksgiving I texted a couple of my buddies to see if the wanted to come drink some beers with me. Long story short as I turned the corner on my street my buddies were already at my house, along with my parents. Talk about total confusion. They surprised me with a custom table for my Large and Medium eggs! Never saw it coming. We have talked about it so much but never did I expect them to build it for me! It is absolutely gorgeous ajd probably one of the most amazing things that has happened to me. I will take more pics when the sun comes up haha
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
·

Comments

• dihtndihtn Posts: 177
    Very nice!!
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    You have some good friends, and parents!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • lecramslecrams Posts: 106
    That is one fine looking table!
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 354
    Awesome friends!!! Table looks fantastic. Guess you are making Thanksgiving dinner this year.
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,909
    Wow!!! That's awesome!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    Wow!! That is freakin awesome! Can I be friends with your friends?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    Looks great and a cool story to boot. Congrats!
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 200
    Very blessed.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,486
    "You get what you give" you must be a great friend and son!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • Wow That is a beautiful table you sure know how to pick your friends. 

XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,317
    How cool is that?
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • That is just too cool. You are truly blessed with good friends and parents.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • That is SWEET! What a nice surprise.

Bluegrass Grills, Versailles, KY

XL, Lg, performer, Q

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,695
    Outstanding looking table and awesome buddies!!

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited November 2013
    That's Awesome! All my friends do for me is drink all my booze, and pee with the toilet seat down. 

Can we trade friends please?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • That's an amazing surprise for sure.  I'm going to show this to my friends and in-laws at Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon and hope they get the hint.  Better yet, give me the names and telephone numbers of your friends so I can invite them too.
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,482
    caliking said:
    Wow!! That is freakin awesome! Can I be friends with your friends?
    My thought exactly.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,349

Nice!!

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,384
    Very special gift- awesome friends you have there
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    A wonderful gift and friends / family to be thankful for.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • corb69corb69 Posts: 144
    Holy crap, is it Thanksgiving or Christmas. That would be like the best present ever.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,948
    awesome
    ·
  • Do they need any more friends?
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • Hahaha thanks guys! Yea I have an awesome family and friends. I told them they shouldn't have done all that and they responded "hey you cook for us alllll the time, we figured you should start doing it with style now". Not sure how I will ever repay them.
    Pure Michigan
    ·
  • Wish it wasn't snowing here for better pics but you can see how beautiful it is. I am doing the turkey today on the large, first attempt and I am doing the Mad Max recipe. So far everything is going smooth.
    Pure Michigan
    ·
  • TUTTLE871 said:

That's Awesome!

All my friends do for me is drink all my booze, and pee with the toilet seat down. 

Your friends pee inside?

·
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 373
    That is awesome!  Great timing to give it to you now so you'll have it through the holidays (cooking season).  Enjoy.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
    ·
  • That's Awesome! All my friends do for me is drink all my booze, and pee with the toilet seat down. 

Your friends pee inside?
    Haha I was thinking the same thing. All my friends just use the large lilac bush in the corner of the yard. My one buddy moved back from Reno this summer and it was a couple months of him coming over a few times a week before he asked me one rainy night "where is your bathroom?"
    Pure Michigan
    ·
  • The table is gorgeous. I'm sure it will be a gathering place for years to come.  Happy Thanksgiving.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 588
    Hahaha thanks guys! Yea I have an awesome family and friends. I told them they shouldn't have done all that and they responded "hey you cook for us alllll the time, we figured you should start doing it with style now". Not sure how I will ever repay them.
    I'm thinking 60 day dry aged prime rib dinner - probably cost as much as the table depending on how many friends you have

Large BGE

·