Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Thanksgiving turkey with platesetter and grill but no V rack b/c small Egg

New to the forum but had my Egg (small) for several years.  I have a 12 lb. turkey I am doing for Thanksgiving.  Although I have a V rack, due to my Egg being a small, I don't have enough room to use the platesetter, grill and the V rack. My best option seems to be ditching the V rack and going with the platesetter and gill.  Rather than place the bird on the V rack, I will place it on the grill, with a drip pan below.  I will be using a digital thermometer to keep an eye on the temp of the bird.

Does anyone have a better solution or should I be ok placing the turkey on the grill?  
Large & Small BGE. Marietta, GA Go DAWGS!!

Comments