Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite Thanksgiving beverage??

We always have a Wild Turkey party on the Friday after. Everybody brings their bottle and we cook and drink. Real good way to wind down from family overload.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Beer

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    +1 on the beer.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited November 2013
    Whatever my mother-in-law has taken from my house and my brother-in-laws house and put in her refrigerator. She's a real piece of work. Mostly an assortment of summer beers but always get a bottle of Crown or Knob Creek for "man-time" away from the girls. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Way to respect the SIL @RRP

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Beer
    Mark Annville, PA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Beer for the day, a nice scotch in the evening.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • What I drink every time I'm cheering on my Lions!  Or pretty much any time I'm drinking alcohol. I am thankful for Canadian import beer! Cheers!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Punch made with Arbor Mist 'wine', Champagne, and Bourbon soaked fruit. Soak the fruit for a couple days and it soaks up all the alcohol. The lack of ginger ale or other non alcoholic beverage makes it sneak up on you. First time I served it for a party I thought I was back in college surrounded by drunk girls, although all were way past college age. A great party punch.
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Bloody Mary in the morning whole tending the egg... A morning cigar with it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Beaujolais nouveau. It's a lighter red wine released the Friday before Thanksgiving, pairs well with turkey. The dates make it a special choice for the holiday. It's released the same year the grapes are grown and meant to be drunk quickly, with no aging.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Bloody Mary's or Mimosas to get things going
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Making this for the first time... Apple Cider Sangria

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/10/apple-cider-sangria/

Then likely some bourbon or scotch later :)

Going eggless for the weekend... My BIL and I are heading up to the cousin's hunting camp way up in NW PA. Plenty of cold and snow... probably a fair amount of bourbon as well :)
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    @hapster that looks great, let us know how it turns out.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I will usually have a couple of IPA's during the day.  Then choose a nice Saison to go with the turkey dinner.  Usually a Fantome.  Have gone with a Jolly Pumpkin beer a couple of times.  Then more than likely go to a Bourbon County Stout for dessert.
    After that, it's anybody's call. Usually whatever is in the fridge is fair game.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Whatever my mother-in-law has taken from my house and my brother-in-laws house and put in her refrigerator. She's a real piece of work. Mostly an assortment of summer beers but always get a bottle of Crown or Knob Creek for "man-time" away from the girls. 

Wow- well at least she has stuff you like :))
    Greensboro, NC
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    I am not usually into seasonal beers, but I love PUMPKING by Southern Tier Brewing Co.  

The bar I had it served it in a glass with brown sugar on the rim.  Surprisingly good, so I am going to bring a few bottles and recreate it at our thanksgiving gathering this year in Cincinnati.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    CORRECTION - the beer is called PUMKING (not pumpking)
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • A good wheated Bourbon (Makers, Woodford, Wellers, . . . .)
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    edited November 2013
    bloody marys, then some wine when prepping the turkey, then some margarettas (some with cuervo, some with hornitos), then some hard cider, negra modellos, shipyard preludes, mikes mango, lemoncellos, boubon and cokes, maybe some captian jacks, more wine, eat some turkey and take a nap, always sleepy after eating turkey so maybe a nightcap of disaronno. maybe a little port wine, theres a nice 25 year old tawney at camp thats unopened
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mine use to be Wild Turkey 101 on Thanksgiving but that was then now I'm sober 2 1/2 years so now it's ice water with a wedge of lime 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • butert
    butert Posts: 202
    My drink of choice is Red Stag on the rocks!
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
  • mine use to be Wild Turkey 101 on Thanksgiving but that was then now I'm sober 2 1/2 years so now it's ice water with a wedge of lime 
    Have you tried Perrier grapefruit or lime?  I enjoy that when I want something good that doesn't have alcohol or calories.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    NDG said:

CORRECTION - the beer is called PUMKING (not pumpking)

I've got one chilled and ready to go.
  • Before: Champagne or whiskey on the rocks
    During: Wine (serving a Semillon, Pinot Noir, and Cab Franc this year)
    After: Coffee, Milk, Bailey's, or a beer with football
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Here is a cocktail I've created for this Thanksgiving.  I thought I'd share it with y'all. I'm calling it a Turkey Tini;

Turkey Tini
    2 oz. Rosemary infused gin
    4 oz. Cranberry-Cherry cocktail
    1 oz. fresh Lemon juice
    2 dashed Peychard's bitters
    Gin infused Craisins
    Shake over ice and pour over ice filled glass, garnish with gin Craisins
    Infuse Gin with 3 stalks of Rosemary in a glass jar for three days
    Infuse Craisins in just enough gin to cover for three days.

The wine with dinner is Noble Vines 667 Pinot Noir.  I think PN pairs well with turkey.
    I have a 12 of my go to Yuengling Light and 12 of Sam Adams Seasonal for beer drinkers, and Cavit Pinot Grigio, but it's cocktails and red wine for me and SWMBO. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • We usually start most Holidays with Mimosa's in the mornings, then move to beer or wine later in the day
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Beer during the day and then Eagle Rare bourbon after dinner.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Wine. Preferably red. But not picky.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I live it up on Thanksgiving. Nothing like a nice bottle of Mad Dog 20 20!. Kidding. Same ole bourbon as always. If we are at my parents' house, whatever wine my Dad chooses. He's got a degree in wine, so who am I to argue?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings