Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Table for Small and Large

Kinger
Kinger Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up a small egg this past monday at the bge store in Atlanta. I hate that I was not in town for the eggfest but was fortunate to get a good deal on a used small to go with my large. I am going to have a table made to hold both eggs. I am wondering what you people who have tables already think about my setup. I plan to put the two eggs in the middle of the table close to each other with some workspace one the outer sides. I looked at the table pix on TNW's website and only saw a couple of tables that held more than one egg and those had the workspace in between the eggs rather than the sides. Thoughts and recomendations?

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    JNK,
    I have a table built for 2. Workspace is between the two eggs. To have workspace on the outside of the eggs means a longer table, also means you will be doing the tiger walk, walking from left to right more than if you centered yourself at the table. The only positive I see to have workspace on both sides of the egg is if there are 2 people cooking at once.

• JNK, I built a table for two eggs. The picture is on the Whiz's site. Three things come to mind. [p]First, I need alot of room when I cook - space or grids, gloves, trays, utensils, beer. So if both eggs are side-by-side, I only have one side of the egg for space. Also, there is that left hand, right hand, dominance thing that you have to deal with.[p]Second, many times I just cook on one egg. So, with space between the eggs, I don't have the hassle factor of dealing with one being in the way. Also, if I am cooking on both eggs, having space between them means more room for helpers or guests to check it out. [p]Third, to save space, I added folding extensions to my table. So if I am cooking on that egg, I pull up the extension and presto, additional table space.[p]You don't need a great deal of space between eggs. If you add the space, I suggest a space big enough to hold your largest pan and then add a couple inches on each side for clearance.[p]Good luck. Tom

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    I have just finished the latest version of my table with a large and a small. I have a small space between them.[p]The table also has the shelf the eggs rest on with more space there and another lower shelf that holds quite a bit of utensils but for cooking I have seperate rolling table to put food/hot grids, etc on.[p]Toy Man - Who needs to post a picture of his latest mods.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    JNK,
    here's what works for me. First my table. Note that the riser to bring the small up to the same height so that it is above the table top has a drawer. I used s/s drawer rails and it works slick. Also note the fold down work space on the end.
    IMG_00321.jpg

By being a fold down I could use the BGE "long" table cover which accomodates two eggs.
    IMG_0644.jpg

Then here's a pix of the shelf in the down mode.
    IMG_0626.jpg

And here is the hardware - it holds 130 pounds and is available at the link below.
    IMG_0627.jpg

[p][p]

[ul][li]bracket[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Here are the pictures of my latest adventures with wire frame shelving.[p]The BGE table is 24" x 48" and the storage table is 21" x 48".[p]I like the versatility of this material.[p]Table2.jpg[p]Love that bottom shelf for storing accessories.
    Tableshelving-10-21-2005.jpg[p]Prep and wood/charcoal storage.
    Accessorytable-10-21-2005.jpg[p]Toy Man

• Toy Man - I love the wire shelving, the pictures are great do you have any other specs such as dimensions for EGG openings - Thanks. :)