Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burnt Ends

I've never done a brisket and I'm thinking about doing one.  What are burnt ends?  How do ya prepare them?
·

Comments

• bicktravbicktrav Posts: 455
    Burnt Ends are amazing.  Definitely recommend you try them.  You make your brisket as usual; but reserve the end pieces of the meat.  You take those end pieces, cube them, and cook them again.  The second cook doesn't need to be anywhere near as long as the first.  Just throw them on at around 300 with whatever smoke you used the first time.  Let it go for 30 minutes to an hour.  Then toss them in whatever sauce you want to use.  I recommend looking up Adam Perry Lang's melting garlic sauce.  That's what he uses for his burnt ends recipe, and that's truly one of the best recipes I've ever encountered.  Good luck!
    Southern California
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,231
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·
  • NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 77
    bicktrav said:
    Burnt Ends are amazing.  Definitely recommend you try them.  You make your brisket as usual; but reserve the end pieces of the meat.  You take those end pieces, cube them, and cook them again.  The second cook doesn't need to be anywhere near as long as the first.  Just throw them on at around 300 with whatever smoke you used the first time.  Let it go for 30 minutes to an hour.  Then toss them in whatever sauce you want to use.  I recommend looking up Adam Perry Lang's melting garlic sauce.  That's what he uses for his burnt ends recipe, and that's truly one of the best recipes I've ever encountered.  Good luck!
    +1 on the APL recipe!
    ·
  • At my house we buy brisket to make burnt ends and have flat leftover...backwards...perhaps
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·