Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burnt Ends

I've never done a brisket and I'm thinking about doing one.  What are burnt ends?  How do ya prepare them?

Comments

• bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    Burnt Ends are amazing.  Definitely recommend you try them.  You make your brisket as usual; but reserve the end pieces of the meat.  You take those end pieces, cube them, and cook them again.  The second cook doesn't need to be anywhere near as long as the first.  Just throw them on at around 300 with whatever smoke you used the first time.  Let it go for 30 minutes to an hour.  Then toss them in whatever sauce you want to use.  I recommend looking up Adam Perry Lang's melting garlic sauce.  That's what he uses for his burnt ends recipe, and that's truly one of the best recipes I've ever encountered.  Good luck!
    Southern California
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,351
    Barry Lancaster, PA
  • NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 98
    bicktrav said:
    Burnt Ends are amazing.  Definitely recommend you try them.  You make your brisket as usual; but reserve the end pieces of the meat.  You take those end pieces, cube them, and cook them again.  The second cook doesn't need to be anywhere near as long as the first.  Just throw them on at around 300 with whatever smoke you used the first time.  Let it go for 30 minutes to an hour.  Then toss them in whatever sauce you want to use.  I recommend looking up Adam Perry Lang's melting garlic sauce.  That's what he uses for his burnt ends recipe, and that's truly one of the best recipes I've ever encountered.  Good luck!
    +1 on the APL recipe!
  • At my house we buy brisket to make burnt ends and have flat leftover...backwards...perhaps
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...