Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Survives a Tornado!

Options
Hi all...I've never posted before, but I had to share a picture from a friend.  After surveying the damage to his home after the Washington, IL tornado, he went back to his deck and found that his Big Green Egg was exactly where he left it (minus all the accessories)!  These things are built tough!

"Have no fear - the big green egg didn't move an inch. The 4x4 post swing set (that was secured with at least 6 18 inch stakes) on the other hand is nowhere to be found."

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your friend's losses due to the storm. I hope that the people who lost everything can find somewhere to celebrate Thanksgiving and believe that this is a new beginning. At least your buddy still has the egg.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • daffy1909
    Options
    WOW! I hope all is well with your friend!  :D
  • seg82
    seg82 Posts: 3
    Options
    daffy1909 said:
    WOW! I hope all is well with your friend!  :D
    My friend and his family are doing okay.  They should be in a new house within the next couple of weeks, and starting to rebuild by the end of the year.  It's tough with this happening around the holidays, but the community has pulled together really well -- all kinds of Thanksgiving dinners being offered for those impacted by the storm.
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    Crazyness.  Does anyone remember the picture of the egg standing after the Colorado wildfires this past summer that was posted on this forum?  Everything was gone, except the egg.  Ive tried finding it again but have had no luck.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    seg82 said:
    Hi all...I've never posted before, but I had to share a picture from a friend.  After surveying the damage to his home after the Washington, IL tornado, he went back to his deck and found that his Big Green Egg was exactly where he left it (minus all the accessories)!  These things are built tough!

"Have no fear - the big green egg didn't move an inch. The 4x4 post swing set (that was secured with at least 6 18 inch stakes) on the other hand is nowhere to be found."
    Well, My friend Marc Wells also in Washington lost his home plus his two large eggs. In a video that got aired on CBS national TV Friday night his crushed eggs were visible near the end.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • seg82
    seg82 Posts: 3
    Options
    RRP said:
    seg82 said:

Well, My friend Marc Wells also in Washington lost his home plus his two large eggs. In a video that got aired on CBS national TV Friday night his crushed eggs were visible near the end.

From what I understand, Marc was just a couple blocks from where this one is.  Pretty crazy stuff!