Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Keezer...I'm starting to think I may have a problem

gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
I homebrew several hundred gallons a year and I hate bottling so I'm pretty much only kegs and the place we bought has a nice bar but no room for a keg fridge.  SWMBO was adamant that if I wanted beer upstairs near the bar it must not look like an old beer fridge or a freezer, so this is what I did.http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae241/cancichfan/IMG-20131124-00080_zpse6b2450b.jpg

The finish matches the bar fairly well (distressed black) and it sits off to the side slightly.  Whole thing is on rollers so I can just roll it over to the couch when she's not around...
ps.  Can someone tell me how to post pics?  Usually I copy the IMG (URL...) from Photobucket but that doesn't seem to be working for me here. 
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    There's a link beneath the comment box called "attach a file" > that you can use to upload. Once it's uploaded you can hover over the image to "insert image" to place a larger version where your cursor is.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Can you do multiples like that yzzi?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    I upload multiple images like that from my ipad
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Very cool!  Do you have five different beers on tap at once, then?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited November 2013
    Wow. I can't even begin to say how impressed and envious I am.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I know you have a problem. It's time to party. Thats a party bar setup, nice.
    Brampton, Ontario

• gmac
    Botch said:
    Very cool!  Do you have five different beers on tap at once, then?  
    Yes, right now there is an IPA, saison, blonde ale, amber lager and coffee porter on tap.
  • Are you using corny's? How did you hook up the chiller? 

Looks great. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Nice!  Any chance to see a photo of the inside of it?

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Nice Keezer, I have just a plain old freezer version. I am in the process of sourcing the parts to built a tri clamp version for all of my taps , similar to you build ,I love the look of tri clamps :) 
    Aurora,OH
  • So I'm definitely going to steal your idea...

My brother and I brew about 20 batches (extract) per year and keg everything. We currently use glass front display fridges that have a 4-keg capacity on two regulators. While the display fridge looks cool and seeing all of the hoses and regulators is neat, the wife is not happy that it's in the breakfast nook. Something like this would be perfect!

Thanks for the innovative idea!
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited November 2013
    nice work!
    Gittin' there...
  • gmac
    OK, lets see if I can figure out the inside picture here.

I'm running cornies on a 10 lb CO2 tank.  I am only running one regulator with everything at about 10 psi on 1/4 inch lines.  Because the tubing isn't insulated I do get an ounce or so of foam on the first pour but I pour into a solo cup and then dump it (or drink it later).  I brew a lot, like a stupid amount, maybe 300 gallons a year (Canada doesn't have the limit that the US does).  I give a lot of it away to friends, parties etc.  
    The inside holds 4 full size 5 gallon cornies and one 3 gallon on the hump.  The freezer is controlled with an analog Johnson controller set in a bottle of water.  I run it at 38 F because the controller is in Farenheit but it's about 4 celsius.  I need to add some damp-rid for moisture control but as long as I don't open it much I don't get issues.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    You don't have a problem. You have a SOLUTION.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Thanks gmac - very cool.  I wish I was your friend and could partake - fantastic!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Foghorn said:
    You don't have a problem. You have a SOLUTION.

Cherry Hill, NJ