Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

we're (home) christening our second large this weekend...

Options
Dos Huevos
Dos Huevos Posts: 368
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I told the wife to pick something to make tonight, so she stopped at ye olde butcher shoppe and the proprietor recommended veal rib chops. [p]And the wife just picked up 3 veal rib chops for 40 bucks, so they're either really big or fairly expensive or both. I've never heard of them (that doesn't say much), but I was looking for some prep and cook suggestions. [p]any suggestions would be welcome and greatly appreciated.

Comments

• bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    Dos Huevos,[p]Oh man I love Veal chops. We use to coat them in flour, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, and mediteranean oregano. Them sear them and put into a 500 degree oven until done (what ever temp you prefer). BTW, that is the going rate for them. Not exactly a cheap cut- But very tasty![p]phillip

• Dos Huevos
    Options
    bbqwizard,[p]At least it's market price more or less. That sounded like a lot, but that will happen if you buy all of your beef at Sam's.[p]Do you think it'd be okay to T-Rex them? I've been hunting around teh internets, and I keep finding variations (evoo, salt, pepper, etc) and sear. [p]I'm thinking the KISS method may be in order. [p]I'm still open to suggestions, but I want to do them on the egg.[p]Todd
  • bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    Dos Huevos,[p]I failed to also mention that I do them on the grill too. I see no reason why you couldn't T-Rex them. [p]phillip
  • Buford
    Buford Posts: 14
    Options
    Dos Huevos, don't forget the pics of the Christening ;)

• Dos Huevos
    Options
    Buford,[p]Couldn't forget if I wanted to. The wife's all fired up about her meat selection so we're gonna wait until 8:30 or so to cook them.[p]Hopefully we'll get some decent shots. I will be sure to remember the pre-marinade, pre-cook and post-cook.
  • Jingles
    Jingles Posts: 21
    Options
    Dos Huevos,
    Cut a pocket in the middle. Stuff with Gorgaonzolla chesse. Grill and pour a port reduction sauce over the top.
    Charlie

• dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    Options
    Dos Huevos,[p]That is a true and proper way to christen your L. I just did my first two pizzas on my L that I got Sat. The wife gave me glowing and huge smile reviews again. I am truly enjoying my L and XL. Thanks again for the stogie; I truly enjoyed it. A friend gave me a Maker's Mark in exchange for his T-rexd Angus top loin strip. Good trade!? I am glad I met you @ Eggtoberfest. It was a great time!![p]Ralph Chambers