Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Comments

• HibbyHibby Posts: 330
    Looks far too flimsy to me. What would you cook on it? Wings and ABT's? I'm always worried about what happens to metal not designed to be exposed to high heat.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,353
    I use these all the time to cook bacon and beef jerky. I have stacked them 2 high. They are great but won't hold a lot of weight.
  • Says it is chrome plated, to me that means not meant for high heat. For cold smoking, like bacon or jerky would work just fine, but I would not cook anything on them at a temp much over 250º. They are sold as cooling racks. 
    I use a dollar store cooling rack (same thing) under my drip pan to raise it off of the setter. It is just wire now, the plating is completely gone. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 593
    Hibby said:
    Looks far too flimsy to me. What would you cook on it? Wings and ABT's? I'm always worried about what happens to metal not designed to be exposed to high heat.
    we have that not for egging for storage it sucks. SWMBO bought it. I have no idea why.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS