Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wonder if this will work?

Options

3 Tier rack. Wonder if it will work in the Egg?

http://www.michaels.com/3-Tier-Cooling-Grid/sc0616,default,pd.html

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Looks far too flimsy to me. What would you cook on it? Wings and ABT's? I'm always worried about what happens to metal not designed to be exposed to high heat.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I use these all the time to cook bacon and beef jerky. I have stacked them 2 high. They are great but won't hold a lot of weight.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Says it is chrome plated, to me that means not meant for high heat. For cold smoking, like bacon or jerky would work just fine, but I would not cook anything on them at a temp much over 250º. They are sold as cooling racks. 
    I use a dollar store cooling rack (same thing) under my drip pan to raise it off of the setter. It is just wire now, the plating is completely gone. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Hibby said:
    Looks far too flimsy to me. What would you cook on it? Wings and ABT's? I'm always worried about what happens to metal not designed to be exposed to high heat.
    we have that not for egging for storage it sucks. SWMBO bought it. I have no idea why.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL