Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cold weather eggin

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.
image.jpg 1.9M
·

Comments

• Looks like it should work. I'm getting old and hate being cold!
    Nowhere Indiana
    ·
  • Love cold weather egging!!  Nothing like watching the neighbors jealously wonder what's coming off the cooker in this weather. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • @scottborasjr. I also love cold weather eggin but I like to be comfortable can't deal with the cold I'm gettin older now I would prefer to be cold rather then sweating my balls off
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Good idea.I've been thinking of buying an outdoor fireplace kind of thing or a chiminea - this might be better!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Love the egg on the cold. Can't wait to egg something during a snowstorm!
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    High of 26* on Sunday here. Won't slow me down. More clothes ,more booze.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,688

We're gonna be in the high 30's-low 40's at cooking time tonight.  Not real cold, but brisk.

Got two fat turkey thighs (Thanksgiving preview) for the mini.   Yum!

:-c
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,798
    I hate the cold and it cuts into my egging and cigar enjoyment. I had a propane heater (stand up one like you see in restaurants) bu I broke and no more heater. Charles let me know how hat heater attachment works as I Need somehing to enjoy cigars over the winter.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • I have no choice but to egg in the cold...my kids play sports almost 24 / 7 when its nice out...if I didn't egg in the cold, I would only get 30-40 days in a year, and that friends is completely unacceptable.

Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·
  • @robnybbq it works okay I mean I was sitting in a chair maybe 2 to 3 feet away and I was toasty but it really wasn't very cold maybe 35 degrees I just wanted to play with it and see how it worked I think I will be fine with it when it gets real cold
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,090
    I really like mine, and I have the single burner version. They are radiant heaters, so the heat is directional, keep that in mind. Just aim it to where you will be.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    Cold egging is the best. Especially Uncle Eddie style.

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,145
    edited November 2013
    Very neat solution. And you can take the tank inside to warm it up. With my old gasser in Ontario, I had to warm the tanks and use a battery warmer to keep the propane flowing, otherwise everything was a low and slow. 

We are at 1ºC right now, my geraniums are really not happy. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    @skiddymarker, you should see my front yard. Pruning on Saturday morning, here I come.
    ·
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 128

@caliking BGE makes a chimnea if you are leaning that direction...

http://appleton.craigslist.org/fod/4125556047.html

XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,263
    That's cute.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,798
    Thanks - Adding that to the Xmas wish list.  Small list this year. 

Cyber-Q (Dream list)
    Cook Book (Serious BBQ for one)
    Heater (Above)

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    Kruegs said:

I'm in village's camp... But a $50 one... The rest on meat and beer.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • caliking said:
    Good idea.I've been thinking of buying an outdoor fireplace kind of thing or a chiminea - this might be better!

Friends don't let friends warm up with gas

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Little Steven correction friends don't let friends cook with Gas !!
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    I saw some chimineas (nonBGE) on sale recently for about $70, so might get one. SWMBO is more keen on an outdoor fire pit  though.
    henapple said:

I'm in village's camp... But a $50 one... The rest on meat and beer.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • @caliking - keep your mind on our Rockwood order. Your distractions worry me. :<)

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • I was thinking about getting one of those tall outdoor heaters like restaurants use on their patios but I also have an awning so I really can't use both together.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 293
    I had 9 degrees above zero this morning when I lit my Egg to smoke my latest batch of bacon. My thoughts? "Finally some good grilling weather!".
    ·