Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Assembly Question

This might be a stupid question, but I purchased my XL BGE pre-assembled. For reasons I won't go into I watched the assembly video for the XL BGE on-line. The video shows the bands being assembled with the carriage bolt square on the left side when looking at both carriage bolts. Mine are assembled so the square insert is on the right meaning the bands were assembled inverted. Does anyone know if this matters or not? I have had some issues with my lid and I am trying to figure out if the bands were installed incorrectly. My first thought is that it doesn't matter but I wanted to hear from others who may have assembled their own. Any thoughts?
Palm City, FL
·

Comments

• Good question.  My first thought is is does not matter, but then the hinge mechanism may be upside down if it is truly inverted.  What kind of problems are you having?  I would go look at mine but its at home and I'm not.
    Simi Valley, California
    ·
  • Square holes on the left facing the egg.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,561
    I have a large egg and the square holes are on the right side...I hope that's the right way for a large?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Can you post a pic of how your hinge assembly looks? would help to figure out if it is upside down or not. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • LuvfltLuvflt Posts: 63
    Here is the pic. I am thinking it can go either way.
    image.jpeg 116.5K
    Palm City, FL
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Can you show us the hinge?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·