Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Test

SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,284
edited November 2013 in Forum Feedback

Having trouble posting from my home computer, checking out another to see if I can find the problem.

Okay this works like normal.    My home computer will allow me to fill in the post, I see it but when I go to click post I get a error message the "Body is incomplete" .   So it seems that the post I am typing in is not being recognized by the forum....any ideas what to do next? Thx

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    Have you rebooted your home computer? There may be something in your temporary memory/cache that needs to be cleared. You could try clearing the cookies form your browser first and see if that helps.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • caliking said:
    Have you rebooted your home computer? There may be something in your temporary memory/cache that needs to be cleared. You could try clearing the cookies form your browser first and see if that helps.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • LuvfltLuvflt Posts: 63
    I am having the exact same problem. Could not post, got error saying "Body Required" I was using IE 11. Maybe something changed. I had to use Firefox to get this to work. If someone comes up with an answer I would be interested in knowing what could have changed??? Unless it is something to do with the BGE server and IE 11???
    Palm City, FL
    ·
  • I have the same problem at work. Can't post on laptop (wireless) or my hardwired computer. Home is no problem

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    Is this a problem with IE? Try using another browser - chrome works well. IE stopped working for me entirely (not just this forum) some time ago. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519

If you have upgraded to Win8.1 and the IE11 you will have this issue. Just use chrome browser and all will be well. See my post about this.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Test in Chrome

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 1,254
    edited November 2013
    Same issue here.  Also lost the star to bookmark.  Oh bother.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees." 
    -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Peachtree Corners, GA
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,145
    edited November 2013

This happened to me also.

I am guessing you recently upgraded to IE11? I had the same problem after installing it.

What you need to do while browsing this forum click the little gear icon in the upper right had corner and click "add"  eggheadforum.com under compatibility view settings. At least that is what worked for me.

·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 667
    edited November 2013

@Hungry_Joe ; Thanks a bunch......same thing was happening to me and that fixed it!

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • LuvfltLuvflt Posts: 63
    Trying to see if I can POST from IE 11 now. I hope Hungry Joe's suggestion worked. If you read this it did!!
    Palm City, FL
    ·
    Luvflt said:
    Trying to see if I can POST from IE 11 now. I hope Hungry Joe's suggestion worked. If you read this it did!!

I can see you now!

·
  • Thanks for the help, browser problem indeed.   How can one fix IE to allow forum use?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
    Thanks for the help, browser problem indeed.   How can one fix IE to allow forum use?
    Read my first post in this thread, works for IE 11.
    ·
  • yes...THX

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·