Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Adjustable Rig Owners - Question

I'm considering getting the adjustable rig for the holidays.  I've leaning toward the R&B combo along with an Extender combo and an added oval grid (the set up from the "bunch of chickens" video).  I've got no doubt this set up will kill when it comes to things like brisket and ribs or very large quantity cooks.  My question is about how it performs on less lavish cooks.  If I'm just doing a small amount of steak or fish or chicken skewers or something, the standard BGE grid works just fine.  Is there any added benefit to having the adjustable rig for those kinds of relatively simple cooks?  I'm assuming one advantage would be being able to cook veggies and sides at the same time (given the extra space).  But what do you all think?  Is it an improvement over the normal grid for a standard steak or chicken cook?
Southern California

Comments