Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Kiss the pig...

So my boss at work did a fundraiser for the wounded warrior project where he kissed a pig for the group raising $2500 for vets day... As a fun follow-up I thought we might do a pulled pork lunch / potluck...billing it as the pig being unable to cope with the embarrassment of the event...kind of like a wake for the pig... Are there any rules of thumb where an x lb butt makes y number of sandwiches...ect?
Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    edited November 2013

I remember seeing 1 pound per person but not sure if that was plate or sandwich. I really think it would be the same for both.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    I have always used the 1/3 pound per person rule and have never come up short.  Sure, you get some guys that eat three sandwiches, but the women and kids always even it out.  I have always had leftovers using that ratio.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,837
    I have seen divide the number of people by 2.4 for the amount of raw pork you need. This is a mix of men/women/children so keep your audience in mind.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • I like the 1/3 per person plan, but I always cook extra cause I love the leftovers
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·