Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Kiss the pig...

So my boss at work did a fundraiser for the wounded warrior project where he kissed a pig for the group raising $2500 for vets day... As a fun follow-up I thought we might do a pulled pork lunch / potluck...billing it as the pig being unable to cope with the embarrassment of the event...kind of like a wake for the pig... Are there any rules of thumb where an x lb butt makes y number of sandwiches...ect?
Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 602
    edited November 2013

I remember seeing 1 pound per person but not sure if that was plate or sandwich. I really think it would be the same for both.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,428
    I have always used the 1/3 pound per person rule and have never come up short.  Sure, you get some guys that eat three sandwiches, but the women and kids always even it out.  I have always had leftovers using that ratio.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,854
    I have seen divide the number of people by 2.4 for the amount of raw pork you need. This is a mix of men/women/children so keep your audience in mind.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • I like the 1/3 per person plan, but I always cook extra cause I love the leftovers
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·