Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: What's the capital of Canada?

2»

Comments

• Some days Fred...some days

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

• I doubt if Little Steven know either
    Hoser
    No I think it's Ottawa
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Pretty sure the capital is Rob Ford.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,186
    defCon5 said:

Pretty sure the capital is Rob Ford.

He sure is a crackerjack mayor.
    ·
  • I knew it was Ottawa, but then again my folks lived outside Toronto for several years.  At one of my less prodigious employment periods I was driving a school bus.  One time listened to Jr. High schoolers arguing whether Australia was one of the US States.  Another time a discussion where they thought Japan was a US ally is WWII.  Heard a lot of language that would have brought the strap out 50 years ago.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • How did Ford avoid arrest?  The Toronto Police Department have crack detectives. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,504
    edited November 2013
    I live on the south shore of Lake Ontario which to a Canadian is the deep south! B-)
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,148
    I scoured the Wikipedia entry for "Canadia", and the capitol is never mentioned!  (it is when you click on the "Ottawa" link).  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Harvard students didn't know.  To their defense, who cares?  That's like asking what's the capital of Tajikistan.

I did happen to get it right, but I'm a genius.  I think the students would have done much better if they asked what is the intellectual epicenter of Canada. Caledon, ON., of course.

</blockquot

Dushanbe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Dushanbe

Douchebag what?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Capital of Tajikistan

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I thought it was Ottawa.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    I thought it was Ottawa.
    I thought he was wishing us a happy "Monday".
    ·
  • Wife:  "You only hear what you want to hear !"
    Husband:  "Sure, I'll have another beer".

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Cookinbob said:
    I live on the south shore of Lake Ontario which to a Canadian is the deep south! B-)
    Actually, that's the mid south, the deep south is the south shore of Lake Erie.... ;))
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Wife:  "You only hear what you want to hear !"

Has Wilma been talking to you?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
    Wife:  "You only hear what you want to hear !"

Has Wilma been talking to you?
    My wife just throws them at me.
    ·
  • Wilma's not a drinker. She doesn't say anything, but every once in a while she'll give me the "Do you have to drink another beer" look. I counter with the
    smirk that can only be interpreted as "Yes, I must!"

·
  • demodemo Posts: 145
    Who cares ?

·
  •  

demo said:
    Who cares ?

Wow!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Justb catching up on the forum here over the last few days. .............? This was an intersting one. And im with you Little Steven. Wow!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • Really eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I'm with LS too! WOW!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • I loved the times I spent in Palgrave, Ontario.  Wonderful, friendly folks.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • I loved the times I spent in Palgrave, Ontario.  Wonderful, friendly folks.
    You didn't give them any money, did you?

LS.jpg 56.5K

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 679

I once dated a girl in college and we were both going on spring break trips. I was going skiing in New Mexico with some friends and she was going to Cancun with her mom and sister.  She remarked to me before we left on our respective trips how cool it was that she was going to the beach and I was going skiing and we were both going to be in the same country.  We were seniors.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
    edited November 2013
    KennyLee said:

I once dated a girl in college and we were both going on spring break trips. I was going skiing in New Mexico with some friends and she was going to Cancun with her mom and sister.  She remarked to me before we left on our respective trips how cool it was that she was going to the beach and I was going skiing and we were both going to be in the same country.  We were seniors.

Key phrase of this sentiment is "once dated".

I commend you, good sir.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797

Key phrase of this sentiment is "once dated". I commend you, good sir.
    That's too bad. Sounds like she was easily impressed! :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·