Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Steak On Egg

Just finished eating my first steak from the egg and it was fantastic. Because it was my first one I wanted to stick with a basic grill techinque, but after tonight I'm looking forward to trying a reverse sear. The best part came when I asked the wife how her steak and potato was, she said "I can't wait to finish it tommorow". (She does not eat left overs ever) The steak was a bone in NY strip and a premade twice baked potato, both from Fresh Market.
Large BGE
Morton, IL

image.jpg 877.9K
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,424
    Looks good. My sister is an OSU grad so here's hoping they can break through this year.
    ·
  • Nicely done! Please post pics and impressions of the process with your reverse sear, I am going to try that for the first time the next time I do steaks.
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    LBGE + cedar table
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,095
    Nice work there! When you try reverse sear, get a nice thick cut and you will always do reverse sear.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,150
    Can you see the pics I posted on the first post?  I did it on my iPad last night and now I don't see them on my computer this morning.
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,424
    I can see one picture.
    ·
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,150
    Huh?  Well as long as everyone else can see guess it doesn't matter to me because I got to eat it.  :D
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    If mama's happy... Everyone's happy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Looks good, congrats! Fresh Market has great steaks. I gotta try the potato 
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    henapple said:
    If mama's happy... Everyone's happy.
    Fo sho. Nicely done.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·