Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Chicken Breast

Looking for some ideas on how to cook some chicken breast on the egg?

Comments

• JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited November 2013
    I like to flatten them out with the mallet and season them with favorite rub and sear them hot and fast. Makes boring old chicken tits better.

(Edit: assuming it's boneless skinless)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Yes they are boneless and skinless. Sry
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 5,864
    There some threads about chix breasts wrapped with prosciutto or bacon that looked mighty tasty. Can't remember who did them but they looked mighty good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 594
    caliking said:
    There some threads about chix breasts wrapped with prosciutto or bacon that looked mighty tasty. Can't remember who did them but they looked mighty good.

I just did the bacon wrapped breasts last Weekend. They were great and a good change of taste. I cooked them rised direct about 350 for 20 to 30 minutes. I like the bacon done not soggy.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,137
    Ditto on what JerkChicken said.  I think flattening them is the key so they cook evenly.  I cook them to 160 IT.   

Of course, if you want to wrap them in bacon you can't go wrong there! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • Light coat of oil and seasoning of choice.  Grill to 165 IT on a seal height grate is how I do them.  Tender, moist and delicious. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,682
    VI posted a pic of some bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts he had done.  I would find that post and go that route.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

• I used to make these on my Brinkman, but have not tried them yet on the egg.  Take a breast and pound flat.  Season and stuff to your liking.  My two favorites are pizza and spinach.  I use Central BBQ rub, Central BBQ sauce, pepperoni, green peppers, onion and black olives.  The other is sauteed spinach, olives and blue cheese.  Roll them up and wrap with bacon.  Smoke'em for about 1.5 hours.  Pull them and then wrap them with a pastry puff and bake according to directions.  Everyone loves them.

image.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 788K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 903K
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

Because I have to...I bow to YEMTrey, the college basketball guru of the Egghead Forum.

• I like to sear them on the medium ci grid in the woo and finish raised direct

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,821
    I like to brine for a couple hours. 1 cup kosher salt & 1/2 cup sugar to 1 gallon of water. Remove from brine and rinse well. Rub with your favorite rub and grill raised direct @ 350 with apple or cherry wood.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Chicken Kiev
    Pounded out chicken breasts to about 1/4"
    Made a compound butter with finely chopped garlic, Italian parsley, tarragon, chives, lemon juice and black pepper
    A piece of the butter and a couple of sage leaves. Just cause I love sage.
    Folded and stuck with toothpicks
    Floured
    Egg washed
    Rolled in a mixture of corn flake crumbs, panko, onion powder, paprika, black pepper and cayenne.
    Sprayed with some olive oil
    On to the egg
    Figured I saved enough fat so I could put some of the compound butter on top
    Finished product

Thanks for looking

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 338
    looks great!!!!!!!!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Thanks for all the ideas guys! There is some definite talent on this forum!
    I pretty much went with a simple method and I must say these were by far the best chicken breast I have ever cooked either on the egg or a regular charcoal grill.
    Chicken breast marinated all day, cooked indirect at 385deg until internal temp at 165, basted a few times, roasted garlic and herb seasoning. Texas toast cooked on the egg also!
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M