Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breast

Options
Looking for some ideas on how to cook some chicken breast on the egg?
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I like to flatten them out with the mallet and season them with favorite rub and sear them hot and fast. Makes boring old chicken tits better.

(Edit: assuming it's boneless skinless)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Yes they are boneless and skinless. Sry
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    There some threads about chix breasts wrapped with prosciutto or bacon that looked mighty tasty. Can't remember who did them but they looked mighty good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    caliking said:
    There some threads about chix breasts wrapped with prosciutto or bacon that looked mighty tasty. Can't remember who did them but they looked mighty good.

I just did the bacon wrapped breasts last Weekend. They were great and a good change of taste. I cooked them rised direct about 350 for 20 to 30 minutes. I like the bacon done not soggy.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Ditto on what JerkChicken said.  I think flattening them is the key so they cook evenly.  I cook them to 160 IT.   

Of course, if you want to wrap them in bacon you can't go wrong there! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• revolver1
    Options
    Light coat of oil and seasoning of choice.  Grill to 165 IT on a seal height grate is how I do them.  Tender, moist and delicious. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    VI posted a pic of some bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts he had done.  I would find that post and go that route.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I used to make these on my Brinkman, but have not tried them yet on the egg.  Take a breast and pound flat.  Season and stuff to your liking.  My two favorites are pizza and spinach.  I use Central BBQ rub, Central BBQ sauce, pepperoni, green peppers, onion and black olives.  The other is sauteed spinach, olives and blue cheese.  Roll them up and wrap with bacon.  Smoke'em for about 1.5 hours.  Pull them and then wrap them with a pastry puff and bake according to directions.  Everyone loves them.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Little Steven
    Options
    I like to sear them on the medium ci grid in the woo and finish raised direct

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I like to brine for a couple hours. 1 cup kosher salt & 1/2 cup sugar to 1 gallon of water. Remove from brine and rinse well. Rub with your favorite rub and grill raised direct @ 350 with apple or cherry wood.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Little Steven
    Options
    Chicken Kiev
    Pounded out chicken breasts to about 1/4"
    Made a compound butter with finely chopped garlic, Italian parsley, tarragon, chives, lemon juice and black pepper
    A piece of the butter and a couple of sage leaves. Just cause I love sage.
    Folded and stuck with toothpicks
    Floured
    Egg washed
    Rolled in a mixture of corn flake crumbs, panko, onion powder, paprika, black pepper and cayenne.
    Sprayed with some olive oil
    On to the egg
    Figured I saved enough fat so I could put some of the compound butter on top
    Finished product

Thanks for looking

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    looks great!!!!!!!!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas guys! There is some definite talent on this forum!
    I pretty much went with a simple method and I must say these were by far the best chicken breast I have ever cooked either on the egg or a regular charcoal grill.
    Chicken breast marinated all day, cooked indirect at 385deg until internal temp at 165, basted a few times, roasted garlic and herb seasoning. Texas toast cooked on the egg also!