Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Kinda Pulled Pork Sauce or whatever

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The pulled pork I did couple of months ago had great flavor, but seemed a tiny bit dry. Of course MOST of the PP I've had seemed that way. Do most people mix it with some kind of sauce or vinegary stuff or something yum? I want to do another one because I love having something like that or a brisket around to grab hunks of as I walk by the fridge. I'm just into grabbing hunks. You know how it is with the post-menopausal types. Anyway, can someone give me some ideas...for the sauce, that is.[p]mShark

Comments

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Bone Suckin' Sauce is my favorite for pulled pork.[p]Toy Man
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    mollyshark,
    I always add just a little sauce after pulling. Did you inject with apple juice/cider mixture? Max, gave me that tip.[p]Mike

• poqal
    poqal Posts: 53
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]I'm one of those who likes a smidgen of sauce on my pulled pork. I admit that I am prejudiced, but my favorite sauce is Ken's Big Chief. And aren't I lucky that all I have to do is open the pantry door![p]Are Flor and Ida ready for their trip back to their homeland in March? That is if there is any homeland left after Wilma gets done with us. [p]Diana

• smokinsop
    smokinsop Posts: 180
    Options
    mollyshark,a little gates and vinigar are great

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    mollyshark,
    Scotch.....definitely Scotch.[p]Mike

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    LawnRanger, You just spelled it wrong, it's Scotts. That mixed with some sweet Georges sauce makes the kind I usetah dream about.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    mollyshark, i use a store bought sauce taht is hard to beat - from Sam's club or costco try the "Cattleman" sauce this one is top notch & been using it for years.
    Let me know once you try it - i am certain you will rave as well.

• Eggecutioner
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]I really like that MOJO sauce. In fact I like those Lechon Asado butts better than conventional BBQ. I don't know if you have ever tried one, but thats my Favorite.[p]Eggecutioner
  • KySmoker
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]Try this, I got this off the forum somewhere but I don't know who to give credit to. This sauce is even better if you get some dried chipotles and grind em yourself.[p]Fat Johnnys Sauce[p]1 quart cider vinegar
    12 oz Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1 T red pepper flakes
    2 T salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp celery seed
    2 T Worchestershire sauce
    Juice of one lemon
    1 T chipotle powder
    1 tsp dry mustard
    1 T onion powder[p]Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool, and bottle. Great with Carolina style pulled pork BBQ sands.[p]

• cousintx
    Options
    mollyshark,
    Head Country has been my sauce of choice on PP. Love the taste, just seems to work on the pork.
  • ccrider.disabled
    Options
    mollyshark, I still like a little Elder Ward's North Carolina Vinegar Sauce mixed in my pulled pork before serving or freezing. I then use another sauce when serving.
    Charlie

• bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]If you just want it to munch on, and not for the whole sandwich hoopla, then toss it will a little apple juice and seasoning. For zing, splash it with NC sauce.[p]phillip
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    mollyshark,
    i pour a little elderwards vinegar sauce or wdans asado mojo sauce into the pull before serving, then have the traditional sauces like stubbs or bonesucking on the side. the mojo sauce can then later be mixed with elder wards sauce and some mayo and yogurt for a great sandwich spread for those cuban sandwiches or a great dipping sauce for buffalo wings.

[ul][li]wdans lechon asado[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Have you used your boston baked bean pot on the egg...i'm thinking about geting one...what size is yours.
    Thanks...Larry

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    2005004544.jpg
    <p />YB,
    ive got 1 one gallon and 3 2.5 quarts. i would have to measure the smaller ones but i think thats the right size. they work fine in the egg. if you mail order from the potshop of boston, note that the bean recipe for the smaller pots are different than the large pot, thelarger pot recipe makes better beans. the large just fits in the small.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Thanks...I will order the one gallon pot.
    Larry