Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Purchased new Toy

Still wanting a Egg eventually. Using Webers as of now. Picked up this Lexus RX350 F-Sport Friday evening. Paddle shifters hugs the corners real well. Fun to drive. Fully loaded. Replaced a 09' RX 350.

Comments

• Haha LS. That was hilarious.
  • Like LS says, get the priorities right, in 10 years the egg will be worth as much used as you paid for it today, the RX will be a boat anchor. Nice ride, been there, done that, just wished I'd listened......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Go to the credit union, sign up for the Christmas skip a payment and use Decembers car payment to buy a large.

Problem solved.

XLBGE 
  • Dude, two words...Hyundai...egg
    I have bought 5 Hyundai's.  Way under priced for value.  Last time was fun, first time buying His and Her's Sonatas at the same time.  Both identical except for color.  On the other hand, Blue Link has been disappointing. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

I have bought 5 Hyundai's.  Way under priced for value.  Last time was fun, first time buying His and Her's Sonatas at the same time.  Both identical except for color.  On the other hand, Blue Link has been disappointing. 

Doc,

I drive a Toyota (Mic would kill me if I didn't) but I've had Jags, Beemers, Navigators and Porches. Just got a Santa Fe for my wife and it is the bomb.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Doc,

I drive a Toyota (Mic would kill me if I didn't) but I've had Jags, Beemers, Navigators and Porches. Just got a Santa Fe for my wife and it is the bomb.

The Spouse had an Elantra Touring (now discontinued).  A guy in a Chrysler 300 drove into her at a stop light at 30-40 MPH without touching his brakes.  The little Hyundai gave more than it took.  Totaled, but the muscle car looked a lot worse.  I have bought an Accent for Daughter 2, and Elantra for Daughter 1, an Elantra Touring for The Spouse, and then the His and Her's Sonatas.    I went with The Spouse to test drive the replacement Sonata and like it so much that I pondered about buying two.  She came up with the solution, and it worked out in practice.  Comutting in the Sonata (32 MPG) as opposed to my Dodge Ram (15 MPG) actually makes the car payment, and I am putting so many fewer miles on the Ram that it might actually be the last pickup I own.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    2001 Saab Turbo convertible, and two Eggs here.  
    But, the Lexus IS will be its replacement, should I live long enough to require it.  Agree with the poster above: skip a payment and get a damn Egg, mmmkay?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    My wife despised her G-ride Elantra(since it
    is at least 40% US parts). Zero power so is was next to impossible to trail suspects while on surveillance. Looking to trade in my Audi A3 TDI for an A4 Avant/Allroad as soon as they offer a diesel. Otherwise a 3 series diesel wagon. Can't give up the utility and gas mileage for commuting. We just picked up a fleet 2013 Ford Flex for lugging the kids around with room to grow into.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited November 2013
    I have bought 5 Hyundai's.  Way under priced for value.  Last time was fun, first time buying His and Her's Sonatas at the same time.  Both identical except

Doc,

Yup. i agree. I personally don't see the point in buying new spiffy cars (that's just me). Hundai Santa Fe here and love it. The extra money goes for bbq gear :D I 've used it to haul all kinds of things... including a ton (literally) of fire bricks.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Still wanting a Egg eventually. Using Webers as of now. Picked up this Lexus RX350 F-Sport Friday evening. Paddle shifters hugs the corners real well. Fun to drive. Fully loaded. Replaced a 09' RX 350.
    Wow??

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    You're on a Big Green Rgg forum with 400 posts and you don't have the money for an egg yet you do for a $40,000+ auto. What am I missing?
    XL BGE
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2013
    I am a truck kind of guy. Those cars are cool and all but I love me's trucks. Plus its easier on the rig to tow my trailer with my sled and or quad.
  • Botch said:
    2001 Saab Turbo convertible.  
    Talk about a Boat Anchor!

=)) =)) =))

But you are ok with the eggs!

Felipe

Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Seanr7... I have to agree. I have a 2011 F-250. 70k.. Already beat to hell.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    @Seanr7... I have to agree. I have a 2011 F-250. 70k.. Already beat to hell.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• What a waste of money. I would have bought 40 eggs.
    Chester County, PA
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    I love my sports car................wait, it's a family sedan..................wait, it's a utility vehicle.............no, wait, it's a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab.  For me the best of all worlds. I-)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    My wife keeps trying to get rid of my truck. No payments so money goes to food :-)
    Dunedin, FL
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    And all the freakin eggcessories.
    Dunedin, FL
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice ride, i am in the you live once camp. Enjoy
    Seattle, WA
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Seanr7 said:
    You're on a Big Green Rgg forum with 400 posts and you don't have the money for an egg yet you do for a $40,000+ auto. What am I missing?

$40,000!

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Whatever turns your crank, nobody else's business but no egg?

Gerhard