Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Night time grilling just got easier

My better half put this together as a surprise. No more flashlights at night.

I think I'll keep her!
XL BGE
·

Comments

• Seanr7Seanr7 Posts: 207
    Here's the pic
    image.jpg 1.1M
    XL BGE
    ·
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 1,252
    Nice set-up. She knows that'll keep her out of the kitchen.  :D Smart girl!

L x2, M, S, and Mini. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,738
    Sweet! What a way to light up your life. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Nice!
    I have to do something because holding my 3 cell mag lite between my head and shoulder is messing with my neck for sure!
    Nowhere Indiana
    ·
  • Nice! I have to do something because holding my 3 cell mag lite between my head and shoulder is messing with my neck for sure!
    Yeah, or holding the flashlight in your mouth for better control. That was me until I got my floods put in.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
  • this is my night time set up image
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • this is my night time set up image

This is awesome! I did not get any egg mates for my egg as I plan on getting a table next year or this would be my setup for sure.
    Nowhere Indiana
    ·
  • Loosemoose thats my 2nd LBGE the 1st is in the back ground in a table under the cover I couldn't see spending the money for a 2nd table so I goth the egg mates and to tell you the truth I like the mates 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @Charlesmaneri-what brand is the lamp?
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • krobertsmsn I have no idea truth be told I was going to the hardware store on garbage day and saw it out on the curb for garbage so I took it thinking whats the worst if it don't work I will put out on my curb all I had to do was buy a new florescent circular bulb and it works like a charm it also has a magnifying lens so besides a Egg light is doubles as a splinter removal light LOL 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • You lucky dog!!!
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • That flourescent lamp actually comes on when it's cold (or even just chilly) outside??!!

I've got the worst luck with them. (granted they are the 4'ones...)

Ricklesss in Oregon

·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 439
    "My better half" is so much more respectful than "SWMBO" which I cringe every time I read. Kudos to you!
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • Ricklesss so far I haven't had a problem with the light working but I really has not been all that cold yet the last time I used it ,it was like 35 degrees and it worked fine 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·