Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"The Chicken"

Options
TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
After seeing the post for "The Chicken" I was determined to make it. I had to wait for a night when we didn't have the in laws at the house because the word spicy is not in there vocabulary.

I made the sauce exactly like the recipe and followed everything to the T. Yes! Most the time I deviate from recipes and throw in what I think might be better. Not this time, the sauce is incredible and when you smell it you get that tingle in the nostrils.  After I pulled the chicken and submerged in the sauce and then wrapped in foil and tossed in the Yeti, I sat back and enjoyed a few glasses of Bogle Phantom (good stuff if you never have had it). After an hour and a few glasses of wine I decided to eat.

Served with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms and onions that sat below the chicken during the cook. All I can say I was floored by how intense the flavor, we had some friends over and everybody wanted seconds and thirds on the chicken.

This will be done over and over in my house from now on. If you don't like spicy this is not the dish for you.
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/thechicken.htm

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments