Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Asian glazed pork tenderloin (pics)

U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
Had a couple of tenderloins to cook and this is what I came up with. Got the glaze/marinade recipe at

http://tasteinspired.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/grilled-pork-tenderloin-with-asian-glaze/

I marinaded for 3 hours then onto the egg at 350 raised direct. I flipped and turned the pork until 135 then glazed it with some of the thickened reserve marinade. After slicing a couple of spoonfuls of sauce was added to the pork. It is a nice spicy sweet combination.

Plated with some sautéed raging river green beans and jasmine rice.

Thanks for looking

imageimageimageimageimage
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 7,376
    Looks great!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,725
    Nice! How long did you put the glaze on for?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    caliking said:
    Nice! How long did you put the glaze on for?
    About 10 mins total, I did the top came back about 5 mins later checked temp flipped and turned and glazed the new top.
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 341
    great looking meal. have to bookmark this one!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • Looks very nice. The marinade is similar to Cazzy's Wing recipe, no garlic in his, no rice wine in your's. Reducing the used marinade by boiling for at least five minutes makes a great board or table sauce - must try your recipe, SWMBO likes garlic. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Wow. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the results of the cook
    ·
  • gpmichalgpmichal Posts: 5
    Cooked this one last night.  Scrumptious!
    ·