Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin Tip Roast

Options
First time I tried this.  I am really bored of my regular cooks, and looking for something new.  Marinated in Dichickos Garlic, done indirect at 350 for two hours until the internal was 135.

Flavor was good, but it was a bit tough.  I think it is going to get cut fine and used in a pot pie next week.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    Sirloin tips are one of my favorite beef recipes to do on the Egg. Next time you do one, keep temp at 250. Want to do these low and slow. Mine average 3-4 hrs. Once internal temp is where you want it, take it off, remove platesetter, and let'er rip. Toss Tip back on direct and sear it on all sides. Remove, let rest, and enjoy!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    twlangan said:
    Sirloin tips are one of my favorite beef recipes to do on the Egg. Next time you do one, keep temp at 250. Want to do these low and slow. Mine average 3-4 hrs. Once internal temp is where you want it, take it off, remove platesetter, and let'er rip. Toss Tip back on direct and sear it on all sides. Remove, let rest, and enjoy!
    Yes - do it like rib roast, much better texture. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Sir SmokeAlot
    Options
    Any recommendations as to how to season a tip roast. Thinking about using that Dale's Seasoning as a marinade, injection as a change up from a rub. I'm aware of the saltiness, but is it still a good choice?
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Any recommendations as to how to season a tip roast. Thinking about using that Dale's Seasoning as a marinade, injection as a change up from a rub. I'm aware of the saltiness, but is it still a good choice?
    This is the first one I cooked, I don't even remember what I seasoned it with, I think I used a marinade.  Flavor was OK, but it turned out a bit tough.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    GOOD beef requires nothing more than some salt applied at the table - but this is my opinion. This is also why I never got into rubbing/smoking briskets. Again - just my opinion - but rubbing/injecting/smoking beef is to cover up the taste of poor quality beef that is VERY prevalent in supermarkets in my area.