Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Meat temp falling?

I had something weird the past couple of cooks that I hadn't seen before.  Last week with a small butt, yesterday with some baby back ribs.  Dome temp holding steady about 230, grill temp steady and meat rising slowly as expected.  Then, about half way through the cook, the meat temperature starting going down.  I figured I was losing my fire but dome and grill stayed steady.  On the ribs, this happened at about 155, dropping back to 145 for a couple of hours. Same kind of thing with the butt but I can't remember exact temp.  It wasn't a stall like I'm used to seeing where it just sticks and doesn't move for a few hours.  Probes were all calibrated and OK.  Just seems odd I'd have never seen this before and then get it on the last two cooks.  Everything turned out good but it really threw me off.  Anyone else see this before?

Comments