Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Season a new cast iron cooking grate

What is the best way to season a cooking grate

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,289
    Spray it with cooking oil, cook on it, and then every so often hit it with more spray oil before cooking...

Everything that sticks is flavor being paid forward ;)
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,512
    +1
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• AcornAcorn Posts: 160
    Thanks Hapster, good information. I am hoping to get a CI grate for Christmas. CHEERS!!!!
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • jscarfojscarfo Posts: 402
    That sounds good thanks
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,894
    Be sure you want it before you wish for it. I gave away 2 of them. Went with SS and will never go back. So much lighter to work with and store. Found I live just as well w/o the big grill marks. Just saying
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).