Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

4 lb. Bone in pork chop

I bought a fresh 4 lb bone in pork chop roast and I've been cooking it indirect for a few hours. Should I pull at 170, or cook a little higher?
Athens, GA
·

Comments

• HoovHoov Posts: 256
    I'm not sure what cut you have. But, if it is similar to a pork chop (read: lean) I would pull at 137-145 area
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,431
    I cook mine to 135. Others cook to 145. 170 would make good shoe leather.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • If you can, take a picture, I'm curious what this looks like
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 759
    It sounds like a bone in loin roast. I'd pull it at 135.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • I'm with all above. 170 is dead. pork can be safely enjoyed at 140 or under so I pull at 135 ish and let rest. I even eat them with pink in the middle. 

·
  • I'm with all above. 170 is dead. pork can be safely enjoyed at 140 or under so I pull at 135 ish and let rest. I even eat them with pink in the middle. 

+1
    Chicago, Illinois
    ·