Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Help raising grid

I primarily us CI grid and want it to sit around the felt line. I tried balancing 3-4 small coke cans on fire ring, then place the CI grid on them. That was frustrating...they would fall off etc due to the difference in diameter of the 8oz can and the narrow fire ring. I purchased the Woo 2 for my MBGE. It has the handles so it can be lifted off. The CI grid cant sit on it due to the handles. I know I could saw them off, but if I do not want to. I want that option. I read on here make-shift ways to raise grid was to put SS bolts and washers 3-4 spots on grid and then it would sit on fire ring. I did that but they keep getting loose and moving and are fussy to get into position, almost like the coke cans. What other ideas are out there? TIA
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments