Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No brisket for henapple

Options
2»

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    no I haven't.  just BGE brand and Royal Oak (from Walmart) and a bag of Kebroak i got off of amazon which was ok.  where do you get the ozark oak?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I can't count on it, but they sometimes have them at Walmart. Last one was $2.49/lb.  Should have bought one for the freezer - I will next time
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    jls9595 said:

no I haven't.  just BGE brand and Royal Oak (from Walmart) and a bag of Kebroak i got off of amazon which was ok.  where do you get the ozark oak?

When I travel through Arkansas. Anytime you want a bag to try head up to the Boro.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I may just let you know next time I head up that way.  I have a buddy from school who lives in Arkansas, may need to get him to bring me some next time he flies over.  Is it that good?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @jis9596 watch out! It is a trap! Henapple has no Ozark Oak and no way to get it. He takes BGE lump and repackages in Ozark Oak wrapping. Beware
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    jls9595 said:

I may just let you know next time I head up that way.  I have a buddy from school who lives in Arkansas, may need to get him to bring me some next time he flies over.  Is it that good?

I like it. It's top quality and I get it at a great price. Sometimes I can get 20...sometimes 90 bags.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited November 2013
    Options
    henapple said:
    I bought a whole filet... Excellent. We've got to get together. You tried Ozark Oak?
    You tried Ozark Oak?

Just say yes and move on. Thrust me.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    henapple said:
    I bought a whole filet... Excellent. We've got to get together. You tried Ozark Oak?
    You tried Ozark Oak?

Just say yes an move on. Thrust me.

No thanks =))
    Greensboro, NC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    At least @henapple was a little more subtle with his mating call...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    SAMs Club - 2.38 per pound for usda angus choice

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Holy $#!+balls! $6.75 per # for a flat is even ludicrous. I believe Publix here is $2.35 per # on packers but not sure on flats? Think mine was $3.83 # for flat.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL