Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JS Design Table?

Has anyone had or have one.  What quality?
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    OK - I'll bite...what is a JS design Table?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cypress table built in Tennessee that looks a lot like the BGE table with some improvements.  After posting I found a couple of references on this site and they were generally good.  I was hoping to hear from some that have owned for a while as to impressions after the fact.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    A buddy of mine has one- had him make it for two eggs. It's a good solid table for a reasonable amount.
    Greensboro, NC
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    If it's from Tennessee.. Get it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    edited November 2013
    I own one.  Picked it up from the shop in Collierville, TN  Very nice table.  Better quality than the BGE brand table. 

I purchased the table with the tile piece in the top.  If I had it to do over, I would buy it unfinished and finish it myself plus adding several coats of poly.  My table is a year or so old and it looks dirty and grease stained.  I am going to remove the egg and pressure wash and re-stain and seal the table.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Wolfpack
    henapple said:

I would go that far- bill belichick is also from TN :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack said:
    henapple said:

I would go that far- bill belichick is also from TN :)

Check that- wouldn't
    Greensboro, NC
  • henapple
    So is spurrier... Both great coaches. Both douchebags. They got that way when they left the Volunteer State.
  • henapple said:

So is spurrier... Both great coaches. Both douchebags. They got that way when they left the Volunteer State.

As a Redskins fan, it's hard for me to think of Spurrier as a great coach. Those were some rough years to watch.

I will say that I think he is a fantastic college coach.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    I have one and I like it.  Looks good and quality seems fine.  I've only had it since the spring so I can't opine on how it will last.  Also, I bought mine from someone (who I found on this forum) who got the table and then didn't get the egg, so I can't comment on dealings with the company or shipping.  
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited November 2013
    henapple said:

Spurrier was born in Florida. He went to school in Tennessee. I have a feeling this has something to do with "you can't spell Citrus without U-T". Don't worry henapple, I was rooting for Peyton too.
  • henapple
    My bad... But that's good news. I still pull for Peyton