Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter cracked.

Options
I have had it about ten days, cooked on it twice. Is this hair-line crack a concern?
LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

Comments

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    chashans said:
    I have had it about ten days, cooked on it twice. Is this hair-line crack a concern?
    Same thing happened to me.  They replaced after I sent pictures to my dealer.  it was super easy.  The new one still sits in the box 3 months later.  I figured id use the cracked one until it actually broke, so far it has not gotten any worse.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    They have a 3 year warranty. I've replaced one. The new one has a hairline crack. I'll keep it for 2 years then get a new one under warranty.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • chipman
    Options
    A  little furnace cement fixes every thing. Even my humpty-dumpty cracked fire box, that I have been using for 5 years.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If the crack goes all the way through (the criteria for replacement) i would go ahead and replace now. You can always hold on to it until you need it but you never know when the warranty terms may change.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX