Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plate setter cracked.

I have had it about ten days, cooked on it twice. Is this hair-line crack a concern?
LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

·

Comments

• busmaniabusmania Posts: 301
    chashans said:
    I have had it about ten days, cooked on it twice. Is this hair-line crack a concern?
    Same thing happened to me.  They replaced after I sent pictures to my dealer.  it was super easy.  The new one still sits in the box 3 months later.  I figured id use the cracked one until it actually broke, so far it has not gotten any worse.
    ·
  • They have a 3 year warranty. I've replaced one. The new one has a hairline crack. I'll keep it for 2 years then get a new one under warranty.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • A  little furnace cement fixes every thing. Even my humpty-dumpty cracked fire box, that I have been using for 5 years.
    ·
  • If the crack goes all the way through (the criteria for replacement) i would go ahead and replace now. You can always hold on to it until you need it but you never know when the warranty terms may change.

·