Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any good butcher in north NJ

jmctjmct Posts: 3
I am trying to find a brisket and I cannot find any that sell a packer cut.   The only option I found so far was Whole Foods for $8 per pound which seemed very high.   
·

Comments

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,680
    There is a guy in Westwood that is really good.  Or come across into NY (Congers) Steve's butcher shop.  I usually get my Angus briskets at Restaurant Depot.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • jmctjmct Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice of westwood.  I found the below.  Is this it?  That looks like like the bucher stores I grew up with in Staten Island.   Who knew it would be so hard to find in NJ

http://westwoodprimemeats.com/home
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,680
    yeah that's it My friend goes there allot - used to get briskets there and lots of other cuts of meat and fresh chicken.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • jmctjmct Posts: 3
    Wonderful.  Thank you
    ·
  • Try Sussex Meat Packing in Wharton,I go there and they are real butchers and even have Fresh porkbellie they will cut anything you want and how.

·