Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First attempt at a full packer

I'm having some buddies over tomorrow night for the UFC fights. I planned on doing a tri-tip or something equivalent but came across a ridiculous deal at Sam's club. Despite rumors of bad meat, the price was too sweet to pass on. Prime brisket for $2.58/lb. choice flats were $3.75/lb. I looked around to see if anyone recognized that they were potentially mis-marked. I ended up going with a 10.5lb brisket for about $27.00.

I plan on going all out...I'll smoke it as low as I can maintain until its fork tender. I'll split the point and flat and I'm going to ATTEMPT burnt ends.

It's going on tonight around midnight. I have it trimmed and rubbed down with a homemade brisket rub, and it's waiting in the fridge until later tonight.

I'm a bit on the nervous side...I suck at brisket flats. Hopefully whole packers are a touch more forgiving.

Before I light the grill, should I go fat cap up or down? All arguments are valid.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

Comments