Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What will you NOT eat?

Comments

• Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    Cottage cheese. What's the point? SWMBO adds a bunch of salt and pepper and "likes it." It tastes like nothing and has a terrible texture, in my opinion.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited November 2013
    I try not to eat crows  :D
    Sorry, I'm a fan of liver, sea cucumber, thousand-year-old egg, crab, shrimp, lobster, brain, tripe, sashimi
    ;)
    canuckland
  • +4 on cottage cheese. Crow? Eaten plenty of that, SWMBO makes sure of that!
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • No shell fish of any kind. +5 on cottage cheese. The taste of canned spinach is gross.
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Couldn't live without all seafood (exception being said Sea Cucumber and Uni.) I just wish my wife and youngest were more adventurous as a lot of seafood cooks posted here are truly outstanding.

Here's another: Potted Meat and Vienna Sausages. Another "wrong" food. I don't see any redeeming qualities to either.

Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • This is interesting; there was a thread similar to this in the past year, and I was surprised at the number of folk who hated green peppers.  Yet, here, not one mention of them.  
    There is a type of Easter candy that looks like jellybeans, but they're larger (like 1" in length) that will make me barf just from the sight of them; Ugh!  
    Also won't eat mackeral sushi (4 days of bad aftertaste) or raw onion (love the taste, but the gas knocked over my girlfriend's Subaru).  
    That's what makes love a Subaru. I remember that thread. Green peppers and the genetic mutants who can't handle cilantro.
    I think we use more Cilantro than parsley in our cooks recently.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Botch said:
    This is interesting; there was a thread similar to this in the past year, and I was surprised at the number of folk who hated green peppers.  Yet, here, not one mention of them.  
    There is a type of Easter candy that looks like jellybeans, but they're larger (like 1" in length) that will make me barf just from the sight of them; Ugh!  
    Also won't eat mackeral sushi (4 days of bad aftertaste) or raw onion (love the taste, but the gas knocked over my girlfriend's Subaru).  

This is what will you NOT eat. I hate green peppers, but if somebody put them in something I might eat them (or pick them out). They are NASTY.

I'm sort of surprised by the amount of people who say they won't eat organs. Is it because they've had them prepared bad before? Or just the thought of what they are eating?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Hoov said:

Cottage cheese. What's the point? SWMBO adds a bunch of salt and pepper and "likes it." It tastes like nothing and has a terrible texture, in my opinion.

You need to try it fresh. Worlds better than store bought.
  • Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    @Eggcelsior I guess I should give it a try. Do you make it yourself? 
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • Eggcelsior
    I've done it once based on the recipe from Buck's Fishing and Camping in DC. I was quite amazed.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Curry powder like the McCormick's brand. Mrs. G put like 1/2 tsp of it in some large casserole the other week. Took one bite and ended up eating Whataburger that night. She had no idea how much it grosses me out. Doubt she'll ever use it again.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Griffin - for the organs I don't eat, its a texture thing. Tried kidney once, and the texture didn't agree with me. I've had sweet breads and lung in tacos and they were tasty.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Broccoli, it's plain nasty
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Ain't been hungry enough yet to rule anything out...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Are we just talking about food?
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I really like sushi but will not eat Sea Urchin again. It was just like snot.
    J

I have had it a lot and when it is freshly harvested (meaning that day) it is actually very tasty. At least once you get over the consistency issues- but past a day it gets really hard to choke down
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    caliking said:
    @Griffin - for the organs I don't eat, its a texture thing. Tried kidney once, and the texture didn't agree with me. I've had sweet breads and lung in tacos and they were tasty.

I like sweet breads but liver tends to have an extreme metallic taste to it. At least to me
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I will try about anything but the urchin literally made me gag

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Bananas those thing are just plain bad
    Large, small, and a mini
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    I can't stand mushrooms, fish and seafood.

I really enjoy veal liver with onions and bacon. It is a real treat for me. Beef liver, not so much...

Foie gras... hmmm

Poutine de foie gras from "la cabane" on the Orleans island near Quebec city:

Trio de foie gras:

Sorry but pics won't upload...

Celery, water chestnuts, squid, octopus, and grapefruit.

Broccoli I can handle, but every time I read that one if you didn't like it, I kept thinking of Newman...VILE WEED!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Every time I've had urchin it's been in a shot of sake with hot sauce. I couldn't actually see it :)

Maybe that's a good thing
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    For all you liver haters, have you tried good nicely presented foie gras?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Eggcelsior
    Aviator said:

For all you liver haters, have you tried good nicely presented foie gras?

Or any other liver pate/leberwurst
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Here we are!

Poutine de foie gras:

And "trio de foie gras":

Louisville, KY
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Had a foie gras milk shake at Richard Blais restaurant flip burger. Was really good.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    I have a 4 yo palate. Can't do anything with vinegar (all salad dressings - order salads with lemons) no condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo), no onions, no mushrooms, no tomatoes (except sauce), very few veggies, limes in my vodka, but no olives (tastes like sea water). BBQ sauce is also an issue if too heavy. Like my pulled pork and brisket dry rubbed. Probably one of the pickiest eaters you will find. With the Egg I can cook with great flavor without sauces. Let the meat and smoke speak for itself.