Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

LOOK what I made!!

Well, I have been wanting a table for the egg but just can't quite justify one right now. So I got to thinking what could I do to beef up my nest with side shelves. I have never really cared for the thin cedar shelves that came stock on my egg so, I decided to make some new ones!  My dad is a master carpenter and always has some wood laying around. I picked up a board of White Oak, traced the old shelves and cut new ones. I sanded and rubbed them with tung oil. I know they aren't going to last forever in the rain, but my egg lives indoors and only occasionally gets caught in the rain during a cook.  All I have is a free board , oil and a few days invested in them anyway.  Here is what It looks like with the new shelves. I think it turned out pretty good!

Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE

Comments